Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleepypanda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Tokyo
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is: Panoramas :)

marsvolta

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2006
Queenstown, NZ from the top of a gondola.

Attachments

• Ir83j.jpg
    Ir83j.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 244

jake.f

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NSW, Australia
Crowded Beach

Here's my entry. I think it was 6 or 8 shots, all hand held :eek: and taken with my old P&S camera. Sorry that Its not a bigger size but I don't have Flickr pro.

3441362348_be8cb34b72_b.jpg

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
From the Grand Traverse in the French Alps.

Attachments

• Gtrav.jpg
    Gtrav.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 186

vorkorsigan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto
Mt Hay - Blue mountains Australia

Last year, a composite of 3 shots.

Attachments

• Blue Mountains Mt Hay Panorama.jpg
    Blue Mountains Mt Hay Panorama.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 226

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
Woo I love shooting panoramas!

Here's one I took in July at Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. Stitched together from 6 frames.

ndpano.jpg

Ruahrc

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Trinity, Trinity Bay NL.

This pano doesn't do the place justice. Everyone should visit Trinity. Created from shots from my "old" Sony DSC F717. ( you folks sure have posted some beautiful panos! )
4022389174_1b0dd66f3a_b.jpg

Leon575

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
Hope this counts as a panorama. It's at least a wide angle shot of a landscape.
The photo is from the alps in north-west of Norway. Taken from a mountain 1300 meters above sea level.
(Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-200mm VR)

8b5fb1a886fb786203c98f719ab13934.jpg

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I wanted to do something other than the usual panorama.

This is a concept image that has, admittedly, no artistic merit. Given my time constraints, I had no place other than the local ball field to try this. I had at least hoped for some sun, but this is Cleveland. On the other hand, the sun came out as soon as I got home. Go figure……

This is, for lack of a better term, a “double panorama”. In a normal panorama, the camera is the center of the circle. In this image, I put my son at the center of the circle and moved the camera around him creating a “reverse panorama”. The circle that I made then became the center of everything beyond that circle. This created a normal panoramic view of the park and school. The result is that the background and my son appear to be moving/turning in opposite directions. The 8 individual images cover a bit more than 360 degrees.

Attachments

• To submit.jpg
    To submit.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 235

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
FishMarket Polar Pano

Figured I'd post something really different:

I've gone on a real panorama kick in the last few months. I actually prefer to use them indoors to create images that would otherwise be impossible to capture. This isn't a typical panorama, but I liked the results nonetheless. It was taken in the art gallery that I run, so I felt it was appropriate that it began to cross the line between the usual pure representational documentation images that we shoot during each show and the art that we usually display.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Here's my entry for the week (out of nearly 150 panoramas I have sitting in their own little folder :) )

A secluded little beach on a recent holiday to Brampton Island, QLD, Australia.
Made from 12 pictures with my DSLR (hand-held)

Attachments

• bramptonisland.jpg
    bramptonisland.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 217
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.