Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liljohnny51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is: Pumpkins

Azdel

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2007
Dover, DE
Frog-Pumpkin.jpg

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
Next time, can we pick a topic that isn't so narrow? I count a whopping 9 entries. That's because most people don't have a large collection of pumpkin photographs. Maybe a snapshot or two. And that's what I mostly see here: snapshots. Topics that are more general and open to a larger variety of interpretations solicit a larger number of high quality photos and make for a better contest.

Thanks.

liljohnny51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I know it was kinda hard but I thought it would kinda neat to see what some people could up with.

I never judged one these before so i'll give it my best! lol

3rd place goes to:pdxflint Great shot. Really liked it, But I'm just not really feeling it. Maybe if you toned down the vibrance a little bit.

2nd place: flosseR Love how you have the sparklers with the pumpkin and also how it's an all black background. Really hard for me to pick either yours or the 1st place winner. Great work!

1st place goes too: sleepypanda Great macro shot I love the contrast and just how every thing is placed. It was really hard to pick yours or flosseR. you both had great photos good work guys!

Its off to sleepypanda for next week contest. Congrats to everyone that entered this week!

Merzie

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2009
Just had a thought...

I was carving a small pumpkin my mother got me when she was visiting me here at purdue university (boiler up!), and I thought--- "People might think this is cute." So I arranged my desk in a way that shows my apple pride while pulling in my creativity. Apple makes everything fun.

I'll post both because they kind of tell a story...

Sorry about the bad quality (iphone 2g). But enjoy nonetheless! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 141

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Well done sleepypanda. I only really came over to congratulate you for producing one of the good photos in this weeks party.

I do hope that the rather tight confines of the contest don't continue into the future, as it will quickly kill the contest.

sleepypanda

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
Tokyo
Wow! Thank you. This was a really fun subject. Surprisingly there were a ton of pumpkins in Tokyo for Halloween go figure.

This being one of my first posts here and I gather I need to start a new weekly thread with a new theme. Would it be bad to ask for suggestions? I have a couple ideas. I'll start another thread Saturday morning JST. :)

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Wow! Thank you. This was a really fun subject. Surprisingly there were a ton of pumpkins in Tokyo for Halloween go figure.

This being my one of my first posts here and I gather I need to start a new weekly thread with a new theme. Would it be bad to ask for suggestions? I have a couple ideas. I'll start another thread Saturday morning JST. :)

No more pumpkins :D:D:D

liljohnny51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009

This being my one of my first posts here and I gather I need to start a new weekly thread with a new theme. Would it be bad to ask for suggestions? I have a couple ideas. I'll start another thread Saturday morning JST. :)

god forbid dont pick anything to hard ;)

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas

This being one of my first posts here and I gather I need to start a new weekly thread with a new theme. Would it be bad to ask for suggestions? I have a couple ideas. I'll start another thread Saturday morning JST. :)

Take a look at previous topics. As has been mentioned before conceptual topics are best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.