Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is: Really Slow or Fast Shutter

A list of previous contests and their winners can be found here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Doesn't the previous winner get to start the new contest?

Yes, and I was the winner
1st -- dmmcintyre3 -- Also a beautiful image. There are many pictures of wood fires, but your concept and execution are very much out of the norm. I love all of the contrasts. I am very engaged by the drama of this. Outstanding.

Congrats to all.

dmmcintyre3 -- It is up to you to post the next theme.

jake.f

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NSW, Australia
Does 1/2000 count as "really fast"?
3844134431_1dab575f29_b.jpg

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
30seconds exposure, leaning on a hand rail no tripod...
This is in a mine where they showed a light and sound show. That "hole" is 120m (yes meters from top to bottom) tall!

Attachments

• _DSC2253.jpg
    _DSC2253.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 266

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
30seconds exposure, leaning on a hand rail no tripod...
This is in a mine where they showed a light and sound show. That "hole" is 120m (yes meters from top to bottom) tall!

Turn your long exposure noise reduction on. Those blue dots in the image are from long exposure noise (not the normal noise). If you have noise reduction turned on, it will eliminate all of that in-camera.

lisazh

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is: Really Slow or Fast Shutter

A list of previous contests and their winners can be found here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/

Does the new member can join this contest ? Are there any confination ?

dcaero

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2009
Koi

Not sure if 1/5 is slow enough, but this is one of my most favorite images captured with blurred effects...

3899659912_dac4fe38d7_o.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.