Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Rules (Copied from the first thread)

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is Black and White

k.love

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2008
B&W are the best pics... Heres one of my fav...

2897308111_ba0abcff55_o.jpg

It was shot after working on my car. A mixture of grease and water :)

seattle

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Here is a picture of the Prince of Wales hotel we stayed at a couple of weeks ago.

wales.jpg

volvoben

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2007
nowhere fast
Hard to pick a favorite in such a broad subject, but hell, here's one people seem to enjoy.

2232954580_b48f1c54b6_o.jpg

No, it's not an HDR, just a massive curves manipulation, ie instead of linear it looks like a sine wave. This means that what was white is now black, and what was mid-gray is now white. Essentially a 'solarized' effect, but extended so it covers the full black-white gamut. Only works for a select few shots, but when it works, it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.