Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
I've noticed a cluster of small black dots in the top left corner of my iPhone 6s screen. I've only had it about a month and haven't dropped it or anything. It's kind of hard to see in the picture but it's really easy to see in person on a white background. What are they and can I fix them? Is it dust? Are they dead pixels? What are they and how can I fix them??? Please help!
pixels.png

Last edited:

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
More dust, coming in the vibrate switch, to a screen that was sealed to prevent this from happening.:rolleyes:
So it IS dust for sure? Because it doesn't really bother me that much, I just didn't want it to be broken. Is there anyway I can prevent more from showing up?

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
So it IS dust for sure? Because it doesn't really bother me that much, I just didn't want it to be broken. Is there anyway I can prevent more from showing up?

It's 100% dust? Because it doesn't really bother me, I just don't want anything thing wrong with the screen. Is there anyway I can prevent it from happening more?
Also when I tilt the screen they don't disappear, I saw somebody say if they're dead pixels they'll disappear for whatever reason, but they stay when I tilt it.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

If you carry your phone in your pants pocket dust gets in everywhere it can. The switch is a prime place. Apple would replace if you took it in . . . all depends on what YOU want to do.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
If you carry your phone in your pants pocket dust gets in everywhere it can. The switch is a prime place. Apple would replace if you took it in . . . all depends on what YOU want to do.
Right now it's not worth it because I live over an hour away from an apple store, but if it gets worse I'll have to take it in.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
It's ok, can you think of anyway I can prevent more from getting in?

Most cases still have this single switch exposed so you would have to look around for one that did I and decide if you could put up with the bulk. All new iPhones do not suffer this so sooner or later you need to get Apple to replace as it will not get better.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Most cases still have this single switch exposed so you would have to look around for one that did I and decide if you could put up with the bulk. All new iPhones do not suffer this so sooner or later you need to get Apple to replace as it will not get better.
How much money would it be to fix or replace this phone?

brianjsw01

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
It's not dust getting in. It was already there. It's not possible for dust to get in the screen. It's sealed. If you saw it you would understand. Also very rare for dust to enter the switch as well.
Not true anymore with the 6S generation. While it looks sealed, it is not. I can guarantee you that dust can get in there, as it happened to me. Huge white speck visible with screen off. Mine is in the lower left corner and appeared three months after purchase. Getting my screen replaced tomorrow.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
It's not dust getting in. It was already there. It's not possible for dust to get in the screen. It's sealed. If you saw it you would understand. Also very rare for dust to enter the switch as well.

I will not agree as I have a friend who's screen was perfect and yet of 4 months of use he is getting debris inside his screen right next to this switch. No possible way it has always been there as it stand out quite well now.

Reactions: brianjsw01

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
I will not agree as I have a friend who's screen was perfect and yet of 4 months of use he is getting debris inside his screen right next to this switch. No possible way it has always been there as it stand out quite well now.

Disagree. If you look at the screen and the switch, it's impossible for dust to get in there. More than likely, it's defective or it was already in there and never seen and with use is moving about. The screen is sealed.
alGVuoVYfFpuqK5o.0.jpeg

Reactions: RadioGaGa1984
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.