Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stinksroundhere

Suspended
May 10, 2024
The 3-dot menu just isn't intuitive, it feels like a compromise to facilitate multitasking with a mouse/trackpad.

Because you are used to using classic window widgets. For someone whose primary device is an iPad, like it is with many students and elderly homebodies, they just swipe to multi task or close apps. They don't care about window widgets.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
I think the YoY improvements are everything that iPad users need. It’s a little sad that due to the impact that iOS updates have on devices I don’t get to experience any of it, but it is what it is.

cupcakes2000

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
And the user tap/touch a 3-dot small icon that contains a menu… accessible and straight forward, not confusing at all
Not confusing. Just an extra tap, less intuitive, a complete change form the 'standard' and no better or worse for a touch based devices.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Out of curiosity… Why would an app layout adjustment help in this case? And placing the onus on the devs could make matters worst.

And the user tap/touch a 3-dot small icon that contains a menu… accessible and straight forward, not confusing at all.

I'm just trying to think of ways Apple could make the iPad more laptop-y without impacting customers that don't use their iPad that way.

macfacts

macrumors 603
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
I want iTunes and Xcode. If a iPad is a computer, why do I need another computer with iTunes to add/sync/organize music files.

bscheffel

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
My wish list:

1. Ability to manage iCloud music library on iPad (iPad Music app feature parity with Mac Music app)
2. iCloud Drive files are downloaded automatically and synced with iCloud (same way it works on Mac)
3. Safari browser with full support as Mac version ("download link as..." support especially)
4. Ability to have multiple audio sources at once
5. Multi-user support (like Mac)
6. Enable Hypervisor support in iPadOS (removed with iPadOS 16.4) and allow virtualization apps on App Store
7. Ability to change grid size on Home Screen to fit more icons / nested folders on Home Screen

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.