Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tamago84

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2022
just got mine, much crisper quality, but its airpods, not my wh-1000xm5. noise cancellation is on another level vs airpods pro 1st gen. appreciate the volume touch controls.

Rocketpaul

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
London
What features are you missing on 14?
The volume control doesn’t work , I can hear the click but there is no change in volume

Find my , doesn’t work

The automatic AirPod connection via the H1 chip doesn’t work, and there is no individual AirPod battery info in the notification centre

Essentially the phone treats it like a basic Bluetooth headset. So aside from sound quality I’m having a worse experience

I’m now thinking I have to update to the latest iOS

Last edited:
Reactions: supergt

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Is anybody finding that the sound jumps every now and then due to bluetooth dropout/inteference? I swear my 1st gen didn't do this as much as the new ones are.
I noticed with YouTube videos, if I skip the sound stutters/drops out. I didn’t encounter this using AirPod max.

AppleFan735

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2021
APP have bluetooth 5.3. Currently only the 2022 lineup of iPhones and Watches have bluetooth 5.3. All other Apple devices, including all Macs and iPads are bluetooth 5.0. Even though bluetooth is backwards-compatible, technically if you want to experience the new features exclusive to bluetooth 5.3 then both devices have to be bluetooth 5.3 capable.

With that being said, has anyone noticed any difference in features or anything else when the new APP are paired to a bluetooth 5.3 capable device vs a 5.0 capable device?

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Eldaerenth Faexidor

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 30, 2022
Is anybody finding that the sound jumps every now and then due to bluetooth dropout/inteference? I swear my 1st gen didn't do this as much as the new ones are.
Yeah I’ve been noticing this too. Hopefully they’ll fix this flaw with the next firmware update.

Eldaerenth Faexidor

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 30, 2022
I’m a little worried they won’t change it, I like the over all sound but after 24 hours I feel my old AirPods Pro has been vocal range
The chances are high that Apple will tweak the soundstage with a firmware update. At least that is what they did with the APP1’s soundstage fairly quick after their 2019 launch. The only question that remains is how are they going to tweak it?

Reactions: Kylo83

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
The chances are high that Apple will tweak the soundstage with a firmware update. At least that is what they did with the APP1’s soundstage fairly quick after their 2019 launch. The only question that remains is how are they going to tweak it?
That’s true I feel they sound so good just a tiny bit more treble and they would be perfect

Reactions: Eldaerenth Faexidor

Eldaerenth Faexidor

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 30, 2022
That’s true I feel they sound so good just a tiny bit more treble and they would be perfect
I wholeheartedly agree! I tried the EQ pre-sets, but they all kinda fell short to my taste. I wish Apple Music adopts the manual EQ that the Spotify app has, such a great feature. Anyway, let’s hope for the best!

Reactions: midkay and Kylo83

meDANOcine

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Initial impressions gen1 vs gen2, along with some songs I think highlight the differences:
- Wider sound stage (The Great Gig in the Sky)
- Defined treble (Crazy - Seal)
- Warmer sound (Blackbird)
- Improved midrange presence (She Will Be Loved)
- Controlled, punchy bass (Despacito)

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Inverness, Scotland
I'd pretty much stopped using my 1st gen AirPods Pro after I got the Bang and Olufsen Beoplay EX. The EX are the best sounding wireless earbuds I've owned/used. However, I missed the Apple functionality, rock-solid connection, better noise cancellation, and better transparency mode of the AirPods Pro.

The 2nd gen AirPods Pro are now in danger of making my B&Os redundant. Their sound still isn't quite as good as the EX, but it's 85-90% there, plus I get back all the functions I listed above.

They are an excellent upgrade.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
Do you guys use default EQ in Spotify? I was using the attached profile with APP1 but now the APP2 sound better with default settings, probably because the better bass.

Attachments

• C8DE9735-4797-447B-A4F9-AAF5FAB0A958.jpeg
    C8DE9735-4797-447B-A4F9-AAF5FAB0A958.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: midkay

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I actually love the sound of the Beats Fit Pro. Way more than my OG APP. The OG APP just had better ANC and transparency. So I used the BFP for exercise and for any casual listening and basically relegated the APP for calls and flying only. I had hoped the new APP Gen 2 would have the sound of the BFP but with better ANC and transparency. They accomplished just that.

My APP though, did not work for working out. I can hear every step I took with them. Where the beats fit pro are perfect for exercise as I cannot hear my steps at all.

JaraCz

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
Must be nice. Ups delayed mine until Monday, 🤦🏻‍♂️
The same but I call to UPS and argue that I want it to be delivered on Friday in first wave, not next week. It funny because they told me that ok, I can come to their depot which is really far from center. So I send now, I want you to bring it to me, you had all my details and I do not see any reason you delayed my package. So they sent me another courier.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
I noticed with YouTube videos, if I skip the sound stutters/drops out. I didn’t encounter this using AirPod max.
Im getting some funny issues skipping around audio also. It’s not a stutter but it sounds like the sound is echoing slightly. Skipping forward or back again corrects it and then it plays fine rest of the video.

Just got the AirPods an hour ago so I’ll pay attention to how it behaves. When it’s working it sounds great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.