Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
I've got an old Pentax Optio S50, let me tell you that unless you go with one of their waterproof ones, Pentax P&S cameras are best left alone. I'm a huge Pentax fan, but even I have to admit that there are way better cameras out there than the Pentax Optio series. I like the Canon P&S OK, I've always been a fan of Sony's P&S cameras. My brother has an 8 MP one that I took a photo of my daughter with, the photo looks great, and I'd put it up against any snapshot of the daughter I've taken with my DSLR.

Just don't get sucked in with the Megapixel thing, with P&S cameras you want to stay between 5 and 8 megapixels, anymore than that and you're going to have image quality problems.

SLC

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Besides the video frame rate issue, you can add CHDK to the A570, while for the A590 there isn't even an original firmware dump.

Pathfinder55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Four movie modes including 30 fps VGA and 60 fps Fast Frame Rate

What is the difference between VGA and Fast Frame Rate? Is one a better quality?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.