Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NorbertBroaddus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
New York
Hello. Perhaps not a very standard question for this forum. I am currently working on creating a blog on the site and in order to make it more interactive, I plan to add a little infographic. Please see my last work. Should I continue in this direction? I would be grateful for the answer.
Link for the infographic : https://rocketpayz.com/articles/how-does-gambling-affect-us/
I also added it to attachment.
P.S. I apologize in advance for the subject of the site.
BR

Attachments

• Gambling effect.jpg
    Gambling effect.jpg
    855.5 KB · Views: 187

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
The honest answer is that I gave up looking at it. To my eyes at least, it shouts too much at you at once. Not enough contrast in the colours and too overwhelming tightness on the information. I would recommend rethinking the typography and colour too increase legibility and spread things out a bit more to make it easier to glance at.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
In addition to the comments in post #2, I'd also get a little more consistent with the style of the graphic content. There's multiple "people" styles, a photorealistic element, 2-color icons, multi-color icons. An infographic needs a good singular design language (color, type, iconography, layout, structure, etc..,) so that the information / data takes front seat. This is a touch, what I'd call "noisy".

NorbertBroaddus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
New York
Thank you very much for your honest answers. The side view is very important for me. I will work on styles and colors, as well as on the quality and quantity of information.
Regards.

Reactions: decafjava

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Thank you very much for your honest answers. The side view is very important for me. I will work on styles and colors, as well as on the quality and quantity of information.

You're welcome :). And thank you for taking feedback well. Good luck with iterating through this and hope you end up with something great

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.