Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nazwisko

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I can use it within Apple mail in macOS. In iOS you have to use the Protonmail App. It's a bit annoying right now but after I complete the switch (away from G-scanseveryemailnoprivacy-Mail) over to Proton, the App will be all I need.
Did you import your emails from another provider? Yesterday I used Protonmail Import/Export App to import my emails from gmail. It took many hours (understandably) but the results.... Inbox is now full of Sent emails and not a single email sent to me. Sent mailbox has Sent emails (so I have now duplicates of all Sent emails). Mails from Inbox only in Archive and Allmail. All the emails now forwarded from gmail are going to Allmail but never enter my Inbox. I wrote to support but if you have any tips I would appreciate sharing them with me!

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Did you import your emails from another provider? Yesterday I used Protonmail Import/Export App to import my emails from gmail. It took many hours (understandably) but the results.... Inbox is now full of Sent emails and not a single email sent to me. Sent mailbox has Sent emails (so I have now duplicates of all Sent emails). Mails from Inbox only in Archive and Allmail. All the emails now forwarded from gmail are going to Allmail but never enter my Inbox. I wrote to support but if you have any tips I would appreciate sharing them with me!
I saw where they added import/export to beta via web interface. I haven't used MacOS Mail, just iOS and Android client, along with Windows.

I paid back in September but still mostly sitting on sidelines watching.

Nazwisko

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I saw where they added import/export to beta via web interface. I haven't used MacOS Mail, just iOS and Android client, along with Windows.

I paid back in September but still mostly sitting on sidelines watching.
There is Import Assistant via Protonmail Beta. I did not use it; I downloaded Import/Export app for macOS. Perhaps I should try to use import assistant instead, but first I need to figure out a way to bulk delete all the imported emails to start from scratch. I'm not done with ProtonMail yet, but at the moment I'm slightly unimpressed, to say the least.

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2020
There is Import Assistant via Protonmail Beta. I did not use it; I downloaded Import/Export app for macOS. Perhaps I should try to use import assistant instead, but first I need to figure out a way to bulk delete all the imported emails to start from scratch. I'm not done with ProtonMail yet, but at the moment I'm slightly unimpressed, to say the least.
On my mac I use Apple mail and simply added Protonmail as another account along side Gmail. So, I currently receive emails on both accounts. Once I inform all those who I want to of my new Proton email addresses, I will close my Gmail account on Google. I know not of import assistant and for me there's no need to import emails.

Sorry I can't be of help.

Reactions: Nazwisko

Nazwisko

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
On my mac I use Apple mail and simply added Protonmail as another account along side Gmail. So, I currently receive emails on both accounts. Once I inform all those who I want to of my new Proton email addresses, I will close my Gmail account on Google. I know not of import assistant and for me there's no need to import emails.

Sorry I can't be of help.
No worries, thanks for explanation!

Reactions: 0279317

Fabian90

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2013
Bonn, Germany
I've been using GMX for several years and really love it. They have an app if you want but it also
works well with Apple's Mail app

Sorry but GMX is the opposite of privacy-focused. They're a big brand here in Germany regarding free email services and earn their money with ads and try to sell you their premium subscription (with a free trial which they hope you forget about). They have plenty of trackers on their pages and I don't recommend them.

In general: If you don't pay for the product, you're the product.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.