Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Well... that means you have an account with both surely. So you do use Smugmug and Zenfolio. Maybe not for the same pictures I'm guessing?

Oh, I see what you mean.....was tired when I made my response! DUH... !! Yes, I am paying for accounts at each site, and yes, I don't duplicate the images on them, so that the more recent ones (from about a year ago) are on Zenfolio and the older ones (starting about three years ago)are on SmugMug. I wanted to see how well I liked Zenfolio before making the switch and then just never switched, decided to keep both accounts open and running. I also have a sparsely-used PBase account for the same reason. Maybe one of these days I'll pull everything together in ONE place! :)

Binford

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Boston, MA
Oh, I see what you mean.....was tired when I made my response! DUH... !! Yes, I am paying for accounts at each site, and yes, I don't duplicate the images on them, so that the more recent ones (from about a year ago) are on Zenfolio and the older ones (starting about three years ago)are on SmugMug. I wanted to see how well I liked Zenfolio before making the switch and then just never switched, decided to keep both accounts open and running. I also have a sparsely-used PBase account for the same reason. Maybe one of these days I'll pull everything together in ONE place! :)

hehe maybe you should consolidate your computers as well =P you have so many!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Yup, one of these days I'll be doing some reshuffling with my Macs....my very first Mac, the G5 iMac, has already been easing into a gentle retirement and now that I have the wonderful MacBook Air I am not using my Core Duo 15" MBP as much any more.....

Binford

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Boston, MA
Yup, one of these days I'll be doing some reshuffling with my Macs....my very first Mac, the G5 iMac, has already been easing into a gentle retirement and now that I have the wonderful MacBook Air I am not using my Core Duo 15" MBP as much any more.....

Man, after getting my mac pro 08, i coudln't deal with using any other macs cus they felt so slow. quickly sold them all off!

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

mine is RAW > Apperture > tiff > test print > Apperture > print

Here's what I am currently doing (all PC-based) I suspect it will change once I've got a Mac in the mix.

1. Import Raw into LR
2. Export what I just imported as DNG to a DVD staging area (arranged by month/DVD#)
3. Prune & Edit photos [metadata, etc] (Deleting all rejects)
4. jpg -> pbase (PaD, gallery, etc)
5. tiff (if necessary) for printing
6. [Monthly] Export the 'keepers' as a catalog to another DVD staging area
7. [Monthly] Create DVD's as needed (usually 4 - 5)

I am a digital packrat and ran out of room on my 250GB media drive about 6 weeks ago. I have so many 'crap' photos at 12MB each that was eating up valuable space. I am going back a month at a time and doing the backups and pruning. I now have 18.6GB free space on my media drive!

From what I have heard, Time Capsule will save me a few steps, however, I like to know that I have DVD's of my images in a fire proof safe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.