Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arlenewei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2018
There are lots of phone cases on the internet,simple but useful,bling cases and armour cases.

So i wonder what kinds of cases do you like?

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Ones that thinly cover the back, top & bottom, but leave the sides exposed (for a naked phone grip) & have corner bumps that allow front/rear lay on the table.

Ie. Ultra minimalist.

Reactions: Ta0jin

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
My favorite has been Zugu (formerly Zoogue) cases. Thin (but not skin type) with good texture (sandy?) and ribbed sides for awesome grip and good for one handed use. It was even easy for me to play Pokémon Go one handed (and I can throw curve balls). Unfortunately they don’t make them for the newer iPhone models.

My favorite material are the soft touch plastic/silicone despite the lint magnet drawback and the material absorbing hand oils.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I have a black Caudabe classic sheath case for my SG XSM. It’s minimalist design and textured feel makes it my favorite case. I had it for the X and loved it so I had to get it for my Max!

WNYX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2018
I would like a case that covers all the sides, is as thin as .02", and made out of leather. My favorite iPhone case of all time has been the Apple leather case for the iPhone 5/5s/5c/SE. Unfortunately, I have not found such a case for the Xs Max.

Reactions: radiologyman

Sosab123

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2014
Leather and silicone cases. Sadly apples makes neither for my device so I had to purchase a third party Mujjo case.
Mainly leather though. The reason is because of the ability to personalize your device. Some days grey, others a touch of color with blue or navy, some days I just wanna be yellow.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I don't really like cases. I only use the Apple Leather one for the camera bump.

Most cases are either overpriced or just plain garbage. Or worse, overpriced garbage.

Surratt14

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2017
That's my favourite as well; I just wish Apple cases protected the bottom of the phone better though.
agreed. But luckily I have only had one accident when the bottom of my 6s plus was damaged in a Apple case.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Have always preferred leather. The warm and soft beats out cold plastic/aluminum/TPU any day, not to mention the patina that develops over time looks great on the darker colors.

Another vote here for the Apple leather cases.

Reactions: radiologyman

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Always liked the kind of wallet that isn’t a case, but just like an ordinary leather wallet where you put the phone in and take it out. Easiest way to get access to the phone. And it’s protected when you have it in wallet, and you have it naked when you take it out.
I tried a kind of wallet case to my new XR but it is way to bulky. And difficult to put in and even more difficult to take it out.
So I went back to the type that I’ve had since iPhone 4. Can’t be happier.

zombiecoops

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2016
Mous case with the real wood back. I love the durability of them, the clean lines and the way the edges taper in the front for good grip. Paired with a pop socket it's the only way I don't drop my 8 plus because it's way too big for my hand. They are amazing cases!
[doublepost=1551993235][/doublepost]My second go to case is rhinoshield, they have soooo many options to choose from that you can mix and match your bumpers, backs and buttons. However they are slippery so the phone kept falling out of my pocket and my hand.

Nipommu

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
If you're old enough you remember the iPhone 3g/3gs. Do you know the case company incase? They used to have a model called the 'slider' cases. Those are my favorite cases. Too bad they stopped making them they were just perfect. Simple, clean, no weird shapes, no apple logo cutouts, sleek, etc etc

if anybody knows slider cases like these please let me know

Reactions: Ralfi and danny8200

naturalguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2018
Rugged cases like OtterBox Defender they provide the best protection, battery case would be 2nd for when I travel

NJHitmen

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
I like a variety of cases. In the past, I've always owned a few different cases for each model of iPhone...usually one clear/minimal case, one (relatively) heavy duty model, then a couple of interesting designs/colors. I swap them around as needed, or simply per my whim/fancy.

I've just begun collecting XS Max cases. Latest is an Evutec Northill, which I like a lot. It's fairly slim, but has metal plates built into it, and comes with a magnetic car mount. The plates are arranged such that wireless charging still works. Looks decent, too (imo).

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
none. They're all *****. I'll take a few scratches over a case any day.

I love how people get into intricate weight/size fanboy debates over the internet in regards to different phones and then smack a big case on the lot of them

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Apple leather all day.

I love clear backed cases on other people’s phones but I can’t stand the finger prints when I use one.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
As thin as possible. I only use them for a better grip on these slippery things. I was using clear ones but they turn yellow quickly. I'm now using a matte black one which looks sharp and I think cost $5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.