Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What were your reasons for getting a new iPhone?

• Total voters

sewerx

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2020
What do you do with it? It’s not going to be suitable for modern apps due to you being stuck on ancient firmware. Even Safari won’t support websites these days. I have seen people complaining about the iPad 2, which is the equivalent of a 5S, struggling to do basic web browsing.

You are right about Safari, it’s totally unusable - I’m using Chrome instead.

Majority of apps installed back in the days still work the same as day one. I’m using all the basics like Mail, GPS, camera, calendar/schedule apps etc.. I believe the case for longevity is dropping updates at some point (still running iOS 6).

Reactions: Saturn007

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
I was going to wait for today's announcements, but I needed to be able to travel with a phone that had a working battery. My iPhone 6s could not even be serviced by Apple any more, as of the month I went to get a battery replacement. So I bought an SE3. I've had it for about a month (?). I figured I could keep it for several years, or trade it in for a discount on a newer "pro" iPhone with nice cameras after the announcements... but today I see they still have not put Touch ID back, and there's no trade-in option for the SE3 on the Apple site...????

PS: Also, the web had become intolerable on the 6s (like Twitter). It's ridiculous that websites are so bloated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.