Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2017- What platform do you play games on?

• Mostly PC

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Mostly Mac

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Mostly console

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Mostly iOS or Android

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Multiple platforms- describe

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Other- describe

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
PC. More available games, and better all-around support, including third party apps.

A PC is far cheaper, especially if you build it yourself + more powerful for games than a Mac .

Reactions: Huntn

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
My estimate is...
50% iPad
30% PC (bootcamp)
20% mac

Many years ago it was consoles but they bore me now. Then i was mostly mac but then had to have Planet Coaster which is Win only. Now its more iPad cause i can play in bed or wherever i want. As i get older i no longer care about frame rate or fast paced action. I just want to pick up where i left off. Sort of a continue that 'story' if you will.

The one big drawback of so much iPad gaming is battery life that i now have to keep tabs of. When i played console or mac more i didnt worry about that as they are always plugged in. A trade off i understand though. Now wheres that darn lightning cable...:mad:

Planet Coaster is a good game, there should be a iPad version.
[doublepost=1527421634][/doublepost]
At one point it was mainly my PS4, simply because it’s what my friends had and online games are just more fun with good company. Destiny 2 drew me a little more back into Xbox for the same reason.
About 3 weeks ago I finally started my PC build though after saving for a while. I’m using that heavily now for certain games like PUBG and Overwatch. Both games I’ve wanted to get into for a while.

iPad has PUBG.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

iPad has PUBG.
Fo what it does or is intended to do, PC (the game) is awesome. I love the sandbox, creative mode, but got side tracked with some survival games so have not played it in a bit.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada

iPad has PUBG.

Planet Coaster is a different beast. Its quite CPU intensive. All those NPCs are individual AIs, rather than bulk controlled. The more NPCs in the park, the slower the game gets. The iPad would have a hard time.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Planet Coaster is a different beast. Its quite CPU intensive. All those NPCs are individual AIs, rather than bulk controlled. The more NPCs in the park, the slower the game gets. The iPad would have a hard time.

Yeah, I watched a YouTube game on a pc when the park was shown with all the people and rides it seemed the frame rate went down to 15fps, great game, perhaps there could be a enhanced or lower specification version for iPad?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As not a programmer, I’d imagine you’d get the most realistic crowd behavior with individual A.I. Although I have no real clue if bulk programming would produce similarly realistic results.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I play on PC through my console, I’ve been using the GeForce Now service on my Nvidia Shield TV I got for Christmas, so far I’ve played through We Happy Few, and now I’m playing Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden, I also have my Nintendo Switch.
I’ve put my PS4 Pro away and my Xbox One S as I wasn’t giving them any time.

I want to Play the new Metro game on my Shield but I need to get a keyboard and Mouse as the PC version the service uses doesn’t support game controllers.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Mainly PC.

I want to love mobile games, I really do...but the quality of mobile games is horrible. Basically most of the games look alike, and the focus seem to be not on quality of the gameplay and the experience as whole, but how much money developers can rake in by selling you items via microtransactions.

When developers shift their focus to quality, I will be there, waiting.

Which basically keeps me playing Bejeweled clones most of the time, I am playing something just to keep my mind occupied and relax when I have nothing smarter to do.

Reactions: apolloa

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
I play on PC through my console, I’ve been using the GeForce Now service on my Nvidia Shield TV I got for Christmas, so far I’ve played through We Happy Few, and now I’m playing Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden, I also have my Nintendo Switch.
I’ve put my PS4 Pro away and my Xbox One S as I wasn’t giving them any time.

I want to Play the new Metro game on my Shield but I need to get a keyboard and Mouse as the PC version the service uses doesn’t support game controllers.

They don’t seem to happy, what is in that cake they were eating?, I have not played it.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
They don’t seem to happy, what is in that cake they were eating?, I have not played it.

Haha it’s an interesting game, you play as the main character, then do stories for two of the characters the main one meets, and it integrates into the story so you see some scenes from the other persons perspective.

It was alright. But the last character is mad and just hurled abuse at everyone and some of it is pretty bad I have to say..

Last edited:
Reactions: JagdTiger

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m only playing Consol (Xbox 360) now when the Grandkids show up. I’m 98% PC, 2% iOS. Keyboard-mouse still rules. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.