Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I understand what you're saying Skunk. Firstly though, and I know this sounds crazy, but these _are_ hang-on-the-wall quality, _and_ I monopolize good shots of this particular show. I was shooting with a D300 mainly in ISOs from 800-1250 w/low ISO noise reduction, w/nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8, and did I think as well as one could possibly do in an 1100 person auditorium that's poorly lit and has no flash photography permitted. There was one other photographer there, and he was shooting at an ISO of 1600 with an 8mp Rebel and a 70-200 f/2.8, and all I could think was, "God... those are going to look terrrrrible."

That said, I did drop my prices about 50%, which made everyone (including me) happy. To answer someone else's question, no, it's not an inkjet printer. I'm bringing a CD of the full sized images to a printer and having them print them up. I really don't want to rip people off, but I don't want to be known as a discount photographer either. That and, this isn't my job, so I don't mind if the photos don't sell.

Honestly, you're good to go then. The prices I see are very reasonable...

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
So you are selling prints with image sof people on them. Did the people you photographed sign model releases allowing comercial use of the image?

Technicaly I think you may have crossed the line. I think it depends if you were hired by the person running the event to photograph it or if you were just out working for yourself as a freelance photographer. You should look into wether you have the right to sell the images.

Public venue, host was aware of his presence. Sounds like he's fine (legally).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.