Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which photography do you enjoy most?

• Aerial

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Astro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Macro

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Nature

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Travel

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I usually take pictures when I travel, but it's of nature sometimes, so that poll doesn't work too well.

This poll is pretty much useless. Not to criticize the OP any, just the options given to choose from.

You can take macro shots while you travel, as well as aerials and so forth. I haven't voted yet because the options just don't make sense.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
in defense of the OP, he has mentioned numerous times that he is new to photography. having said that, this poll is craptastic, which just reenforces skunk's and my opinion that the OP needs to learn, and school is a good way to do that, especially in terms of exposure to a lot of stuff the OP is clearly not aware of now.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
"ALA[/B

I have a few of these, though they really aren't very good, more just snap shots from a small plane.;) But they do fit all the criteria of an "ALANT".

I decided to take a quick look for an ALANT. Here's one.

The giraffe in the riverbed are immediately obvious...the elephant isn't.

-hh

Attachments

• ALANT-hh.jpg
    ALANT-hh.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 86

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You list 5 whopping choices in your poll? :rolleyes:
I prefer architectural photography.

This poll is pretty much useless. Not to criticize the OP any, just the options given to choose from.

You can take macro shots while you travel, as well as aerials and so forth. I haven't voted yet because the options just don't make sense.

Exactly. I'm sure the OP is just limited in their knowledge of the vast selections out there and google is probably broken.

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
I decided to take a quick look for an ALANT. Here's one.

The giraffe in the riverbed are immediately obvious...the elephant isn't.

-hh

Sweet! I did a looksee through and I can't find any of my pics where the animals are really visable... but I know there are some there even if its just scattared impala. Where is this pic from? that looks like a boabab tree?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
You list 5 whopping choices in your poll? :rolleyes:
I prefer architectural photography.

Exactly. I'm sure the OP is just limited in their knowledge of the vast selections out there and google is probably broken.

Yes, I guess the OP just wanted to make the choices broader. My favs are Architecture, Landscape, and Aviation - so I guess that means "Travel" (with some "Nature" thrown in)... :)

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
"ALANT" me baby! :)

Sweet! I did a looksee through and I can't find any of my pics where the animals are really visable... but I know there are some there even if its just scattared impala.

I pretty much did the same thing: "...I know that a few of those tiny black specks are hippos down in that river..." etc.

Where is this pic from? that looks like a boabab tree?

Its from Tanzania last month (Nov 08); In looking at the terrain, colors, flower & fauna, I'm 99% sure that this image was taken on the final approach into the airstrip at Ruaha National Park. On this trip, we did Ruaha National Park, Katavi National Park and Selous Game Reserve.

Yes, that is a Boabab tree on the right - - and I think there's also a second, smaller boabob on the left too. The region had just started getting their 'Short' rains, so areas were starting to green up and the boababs intermittantly coming into leaf & blooming, even though the water level in the Ruaha river was still nearly zero.

I'm currently ~1/3rd of the way through my photo import of roughly 3,000 new images from the trip, so I'll be busy peeping & sorting through New Years.

-hh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.