Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
The 13 Pro Max is my favorite iPhone to date having owned a 12 Pro Max as my first iPhone for personal use. I had a 5s for business that I only used for email and calendar.

In addition to the features and performance, I really appreciate the focus on efficiency and the fact that the 13 Pro Max just works. It does everything I need well. Coming over from a Galaxy S10 Plus, I realized that customization, split screen multi-tasking and crazy features was no longer important.

However, that said, I would love it Close All option instead of swiping two or three apps at a time to close apps, USB C or Thunderbolt 4 and in-display fingerprint sensor. AOD and split screen multi-tasking are nice to haves as well. For the moment, I am ok with tap to wake.

Reactions: koigirl

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
For now it’s still the 7 Plus for me. It was my first foray into the world of Apple, and it blew me away with… well, almost every facet of it for its time. I’ve been on the 13 Pro Max since launch, and sometimes still miss the 7 Plus.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
For me, the chassis redesigns usually signify a big jump. The 4 was the biggest year for iPhone to me, followed by 6. The 5 was a nice improvement over 4, but since a similar design to 4, not as big of a leap. X probably takes the cake after 4 since changes to the front of the phone. While there have been many other internal or camera improvements, the 13 Pro still shares a similar front facing design to the X, so while I love my X-13 Pro iPhones, they weren't huge changes in day to day use.

TripleP

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
iPhone X without question. I’m looking forward to finally getting my 13 Pro next week, but after carrying it for 4+ years, I’m going to miss my X.

jbp238

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2021
I've had the 5s for nearly eight years now, and I'm not at all surprised to see so many remembering it fondly. It's been a workhorse, my daily even now, and one of the strongest designs to date.

My next phone should be arriving any minute now, and it has big shoes to fill.

Reactions: gimmmick

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've had the 5s for nearly eight years now, and I'm not at all surprised to see so many remembering it fondly. It's been a workhorse, my daily even now, and one of the strongest designs to date.

My next phone should be arriving any minute now, and it has big shoes to fill.
That's a YUUUUUGE upgrade. What's the new device?

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
I had every generation of iPhone from the first until iPhone X where I have stayed. Now contemplating upgrading to Pro Max, but still love the feel and look of the X

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
It's going to be an 11 pro, so it's not NEW new. But it'll be an exciting upgrade, especially camera-wise, as long as I don't mind the size!
The 11 Pro is a great device. That rounded form factor with a leather case is about as comfortable as it gets!

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
It's going to be an 11 pro, so it's not NEW new. But it'll be an exciting upgrade, especially camera-wise, as long as I don't mind the size!
I went from a 7 Plus to an 11 Pro Max. Only issue I had was yellow screen. It's a solid device. I think that's a very good upgrade for you. Size, Face ID, and screen type are the biggest differences that took me a while to adjust to.

Edit: Still using it. I do not like the square look or feel of newer ones.

Beyonder88

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
1st gen iPhone se.

Close second would be the iPhone 12 mini which I sold for my current 13 pro max.

I figured I would also get a mini 13 for keepsakes next year closer to the new models launch.

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
3GS, it was so far ahead of everything else. The 4 was also amazing, but my favourite of all time is the XS. Really the X, but the XS added dual sim and that was a game changer for me, finally being able to only carry one phone.

caner0

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2019
I have used 4-6-6S-X-12 so far. For me, trying the first iPhone for the first time was unforgettable experience, 4 had the best design, and X was the biggest step between different generations. I think X was my favorite.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I’ve gotten every new iPhone since the 3g came out and my favorite was the 11 pro. It had the best battery life of any iPhone I had used and the night mode on the camera was a game changer. I made the mistake of selling it and getting the 12mini which I did like the size at first but the battery life was terrible and the screen was just a little too small. I think the 5.8 was my favorite size and the mini should have been around that size. I have the 13pro now and I’m back to the great battery life of the 11pro but I still fell like the 5.8 was a better size and the phone was lighter. I should have stayed with the 11pro for several years but now that I have promotion there’s no going back to a 60hz screen.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

Nathan576

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I gotta say going from the 11 pro max to the 13 pro max was a much bigger upgrade than I expected and I am really liking the phone, I would say it is up there with my other 2 favorite iPhones which are the iPhone 5 and the X.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
For me, I would have to say the very first iPhone. In Jan 2007 I saw that keynote and was blown away, the excitement for it was unreal. Grabbed it day one in late June. It's pretty primitive today, but it was just awesome 13 years ago. That phone lasted me just over 3 years so it was a workhorse.

The 6 Plus comes in second, the larger size phone was pretty exciting also. When I opened that box on delivery day, I thought I might have made a mistake because it was so big (ok, this is starting to sound...um odd) Anyway, I can't go back to a smaller phone after that.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
When it went to the bigger phone screen I had the 6S plus I was so thrilled with that one. Although my first iPhone was a 4 that was pretty special at the time. I kind of wish I would have kept that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.