Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
Yea, so I have the opportunity to use a 1Ds mk III for the weekend while i am in Spain *yea*

I also have some very nice lenses too play with (wide angle Normal zoom, telephoto) They are almost all L lenses (din't look at them too much today since I arrived mere 2 hours ago...)

So what would you do with that camera, anything specific you want me to post?

Let me know :D

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Sam sh*t, different day

Another one of these nice stories?
first the found 5d mark 2, now a 1ds III in spain with a bunch of L glass that you haven't looked at yet? What kind of photographer takes gear with them on a holiday that they have no clue about yet?

PFFF

it's getting a bit old. How about you actually post some shots instead of "bragging" about new gear that you have all the time.

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
Another one of these nice stories?
first the found 5d mark 2, now a 1ds III in spain with a bunch of L glass that you haven't looked at yet? What kind of photographer takes gear with them on a holiday that they have no clue about yet?

PFFF

it's getting a bit old. How about you actually post some shots instead of "bragging" about new gear that you have all the time.

lol its not my camera (the 1Ds Mk III) i am stying at a friends house and SHE owns the mkIII that way I can play with it, the glass is 24-105 4.0L the 28-135L 100-400L 16-35L , dude I was just trying to be nice and post some pictures shot with the 1Ds if anyone cares --..-- :rolleyes:

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
Link to the whole set :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/finnschi/sets/72157623363560288/

Pics taken with my G7 ...
Here the "best" ones

4334624026_3feba9e77d.jpg

4334624078_9277eb21f6_o.jpg

4334624164_a89b035d10.jpg

any more complaints ;) ?

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I'm not sure what you're asking? Do you want us to tell you what to take pictures of? If you want to buy me an airplane ticket to Spain, I could probably get some ideas of what I'd do with that gear... and of course I'd probably take photos with it. ;)

Nice girlfriend, BTW. Just don't lose her gear or somebody else might get lucky.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Nice gear to play with. I actually prefer the 5D2 over the 1Ds M3 but for people who shoot a lot of stuff needing superior AF they stick with the 1Ds.

Which 16-35 do you have? The Mark II is freaking awesome. Hopefully you have that one :D Its my most used lens.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
So what would you do with that camera, anything specific you want me to post?

It's not the gear, it's the photographer. If you can't get good shots with a Rebel, you can't get good shots with anything- and frankly your shots leave much to be desired.

First shot, messy background, detracting strap, boring composition, but the best of the three.

Second shot, messy background, light from the wrong direction, uneven lighting, poor positioning of the subject.

Third shot probably isn't yours, but extremely bad lighting, extremely bad pose.

These could have been shot with a Hasselblad H4D-40, and they'd still be poor shots.

My advice- Focus less on cameras and more on photography.

Paul

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
lol its not my camera (the 1Ds Mk III) i am stying at a friends house and SHE owns the mkIII that way I can play with it, the glass is 24-105 4.0L the 28-135L 100-400L 16-35L , dude I was just trying to be nice and post some pictures shot with the 1Ds if anyone cares --..-- :rolleyes:
Well your in Spain…basic art history would have me taking photos of the architecture, the landscape and a feel for what Spain has to offer, if you're aware of the surroundings. Make the most of it and focus on the composition, light and so on, then see what should be posted after you have some fresh eyes :cool:

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
yea yea i am gonna be the nitpicker again but 28-135L is not an L lens.. its a standard IS zoom lens. :)
While it is a nice camera I would start shooting if I were you, depending where in Spain you are, there are beautiful cityscapes, tight alleys for mood shots and amazing landscapes...

see you when you have some actual shots of subjects to criticize :D

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
It's not the gear, it's the photographer. If you can't get good shots with a Rebel, you can't get good shots with anything- and frankly your shots leave much to be desired.

First shot, messy background, detracting strap, boring composition, but the best of the three.

Second shot, messy background, light from the wrong direction, uneven lighting, poor positioning of the subject.

Third shot probably isn't yours, but extremely bad lighting, extremely bad pose.

These could have been shot with a Hasselblad H4D-40, and they'd still be poor shots.

My advice- Focus less on cameras and more on photography.

Paul

Wait... why are you criticizing some P&S POS shots? i did not even think about comp. or anything really....

But you are right about the Photographer > Gear :D

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
Nice gear to play with. I actually prefer the 5D2 over the 1Ds M3 but for people who shoot a lot of stuff needing superior AF they stick with the 1Ds.

Which 16-35 do you have? The Mark II is freaking awesome. Hopefully you have that one :D Its my most used lens.

No The "old" one, yea i tried that Lens on the 5D today, love it sooo much :D I am so going to get a Wide-angle lens when I am back home soooo cool :)

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
yea yea i am gonna be the nitpicker again but 28-135L is not an L lens.. its a standard IS zoom lens. :)
While it is a nice camera I would start shooting if I were you, depending where in Spain you are, there are beautiful cityscapes, tight alleys for mood shots and amazing landscapes...

see you when you have some actual shots of subjects to criticize :D

Yes your right with that sorry, It alsomst as sturdy as a L lens ... :cool:

I am in Mallorca atm, but I won't have any time to go out and shoot whatever I want since I will be going on Jobs with my Friend the whole time, Journalistic stuff, today i.e we shoot some german celebs at the Beach with their Dogs, pretty boring...

I just thought that maybe (perspective buyers or so) may want me to shoot High ISO or something (like you see at all the reviews) that was the whole thing i was trying to do here ^^

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
No offense, but I seriously don't get the point of this thread. What are you trying to achieve?
Those pictures of the camera, really? I think everyone here has seen that camera either in real life or in a picture in some kind of a review. If you want to go brag about gear that is not even yours, you might want to try your luck elsewhere.
Now, if you just want to post pictures you took in Spain with that camera, go ahead and put them in a thread. But really, this post is useless and just stupid.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Nice girlfriend, BTW. Just don't lose her gear or somebody else might get lucky.

After taking a glance through the prolific flickr postings by Finnschi, I think that the third image is Finnschi himself holding the camera. (Apparently still wet from the shower) His favourite youtube vid at the moment is of 'The Fellatio Truth Movement' on getting your dick sucked. Perhaps given the technical skills of his photographs, he should stick to being an 'Apple Genius'

KGB

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
After taking a glance through the prolific flickr postings by Finnschi, I think that the third image is Finnschi himself holding the camera. (Apparently still wet from the shower) His favourite youtube vid at the moment is of 'The Fellatio Truth Movement' on getting your dick sucked. Perhaps given the technical skills of his photographs, he should stick to being an 'Apple Genius'

KGB

Are you Bored ? :rolleyes:

If you want to brag about my Technical skills of my Photographs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dafinnschi/

kthanx :D

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Are you Bored ? :rolleyes:

If you want to brag about my Technical skills of my Photographs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dafinnschi/

kthanx :D

just as an FYI: brag means "angeben" and you dont brag with someone else's pics.

<smack>
now, those pictures, well i think you nailed the dashboard one, if it is yours. the rest are clichés that have been done many times and nothing really outstanding or WOW.

I will say this however: looking back at how you struggled with lighting your girlfriend only a few months back, you are either a child prodigy in terms of getting to grasps with photographic concepts that you had 0 clue about, or those pictures are not taken by you.

I say child prodigy because you look like a young, eager and in-desperate-need-for-attention kind of guy. Otherwise I have absolutely no idea why you would post the things you post here (look at your post history <shakes head>).

I have to agree with the poster about killing yourself, you are just becoming a tad bit too annoying after the found 5d thread and this one..
Or then you just suck at communicating and bringing your point across because this thread doesnt have any.

funkboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2008
elsewhere
I've got a challenge for you:

Take a bunch of shots with that 28-135 IS USM at f/8 and see if you can convince your friend that a 1DsIII is just too much camera for that lens (especially at the long end)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.