Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
otherwise, the iPhone 13 pro is very strong, and I would not expect it to be bent under normal use and maybe even abnormal use lol
Bent, no. Broken, yes. It is glass after all. I suspect they want the phones to be relatively fragile to bring in all that AppleCare and repair revenue.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
I’d love to have the best Bluetooth connection for higher bitrate music listening

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I am not looking to be amazed. Being amazed really means nothing to me in my day to day communication and use of the iPhone. If Apple does add a feature or two to the phone that can be of regular use to me and helps save me a step or two in managing my time during the day or helps with tracking health in a better manner, I am all for it.

If you want to be entertained every year by Apple because you see other companies adding x,y,z ability to their phones, you are probably looking at the iPhone in the wrong light. I posit that the iPhone is not a carnival ride. It is a tool.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
The only thing that would amaze me is if Apple brings price parity for non-US market. At least within 10-15% of US MSRP instead of 30%+ like today. And for Apple to scrutinize their authorized distributor partners in my country.

Never gonna happen though, so I won't be amazed at all.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I mean, this is a phone, not a device meant to be submerged in 30meter+ water.
No but would you be happy if you could take your phone that deep or just swimming for 3 summers with no issues or degradation? Also, when I say better waterproofing I'm referring too the longevity of the waterproofing as it wears down over time. I don't think there is a true use case to take your phone to the bottom of the ocean for some pics.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
No but would you be happy if you could take your phone that deep or just swimming for 3 summers with no issues or degradation? Also, when I say better waterproofing I'm referring too the longevity of the waterproofing as it wears down over time. I don't think there is a true use case to take your phone to the bottom of the ocean for some pics.
You will always have degradation as the sealant is glue which degrades and becomes brittle. Furthermore, nothing lasts forever.

Ruggy

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2017
I would be amazed if the next one was a really good phone. That is, that the call quality and reception are really good.
I get calls through Handoff on the Mac and they are crystal clear but on the phone they still sound terrible.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
I would be amazed if the next one was a really good phone. That is, that the call quality and reception are really good.
I get calls through Handoff on the Mac and they are crystal clear but on the phone they still sound terrible.
Call quality isn't an Apple thing, it's a network thing. If coverage is bad due to congestion, there is nothing the device will be able to do.

Same with voice quality, it all depends on what's offered.

aenflex

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
FL, USA
Clean up the involuntary image processing, or better yet, make it voluntary.

I would like functional and more varied widgets.

And my god if the camera bump protrudes even farther than 13’s camera bump, I’ll be so disappointed.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Clean up the involuntary image processing, or better yet, make it voluntary.

I would like functional and more varied widgets.

And my god if the camera bump protrudes even farther than 13’s camera bump, I’ll be so disappointed.
It used to be an option you had to select manually. Now it's on by default and can't be turned off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.