Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
No teacher or professor has ever done that in my experience. Seems a little bit extreme to me, honestly. I get it if it's completely illegible, but if it's slightly off, what?!

at the time, it was very annoying......but all these years later I'm remembering it with humor

Reactions: bousozoku and rm5

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I remember taking the stupid Standardized-Based Assessment and the PARCC Test in elementary/middle school. There were several sections, but I remember distinctly not knowing how to plot points on a graph. idk if that was the teacher's "fault" or whether it was just my own incompetence, probably the latter. That was the first time (that I remember at least) where I didn't understand math. Also, since it was a state standardized test, there was no consideration for us special ed kids, which made it more difficult than it probably should have been.
Many teachers love their subject so much but they can't teach it. Failure to communicate in a meaningful way is probably why we have so many dropouts. I actually went to a school that was later known as the "dropout factory".

I remember taking the standardized test in 8th grade and achieving year 13 for most everything, except for maths.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
A day in the office tomorrow is on my mind. Not looking forward to it. Plan on WFH the rest of the week.

I’m WFH while my back heals. Feeling better but have been prescribed Tramadol and leaflet says that you shouldn’t drive while taking so am at home for next 2 weeks.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
The tornado(es) that hit Michigan... I have friends who were in the direct path of the storm. They ended up being okay and none of their property getting severely damaged, but a lot of the surrounding areas were affected much more, and they cannot leave their homes because of downed trees and power lines. Thankfully I, on the other side of Lake Michigan, only got the rain, not the wind.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I hope you'll all have a great weekend!

I wasn't working today, so I "enjoyed" going head-to-head with a few people on the iPad advert thread. I'm sadly amused at how the world has turned upside down when we should all be getting along.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I hope you'll all have a great weekend!
Thanks! For some reason I woke up at 5:00 AM, which is not only much earlier than usual, but also I have literally nothing to do. So that’s what happened with me.

Other than that, really not much has been up with me. Just waiting for the term to end so I can finally go home.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Enjoyed the aurora last night. It was visible to the naked eye where I live in Scotland. The second-best display I have seen.
I could have seen it here in Wisconsin, but it was raining. Oh well... Friends in Michigan and Minnesota saw it and sent me pictures. Apparently it was seen in the Southern U.S., too, which is crazy!

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Enjoyed the aurora last night. It was visible to the naked eye where I live in Scotland. The second-best display I have seen.

Not a great picture but this was from my garden last night in Lancashire.
15a09af549903a27208d755454ae3b61.png

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I had forgotten just how much I enjoy a mug (or cup) of tea with a few slices of lemon, as normally I take tea with milk.
Tea with milk is one of my few pleasures in life these days.

On my mind is work. In the office on a Monday is unusual for me. Not looking forward to it.

Alarm goes off at 5:50. Awake at 5. Don’t know why I even bother setting it.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Tea with milk is one of my few pleasures in life these days.
Yes, I generally take tea with milk (and quite like it), but realised that I actually love tea with lemon.
On my mind is work. In the office on a Monday is unusual for me. Not looking forward to it.

Alarm goes off at 5:50. Awake at 5. Don’t know why I even bother setting it.
Well, at least, the sky is quite bright these mornings by five.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yes, I generally take tea with milk (and quite like it), but realised that I actually love tea with lemon.

Well, at least, the sky is quite bright these mornings by five.
Indeed. Longer days make a difference. As in there is little more depressing than driving to work in the dark and arriving home the same.

Just wishing it was Friday already.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I could have seen it here in Wisconsin, but it was raining. Oh well... Friends in Michigan and Minnesota saw it and sent me pictures. Apparently it was seen in the Southern U.S., too, which is crazy!
Today, I saw one of the San Francisco TV stations posted a photo from near the Golden Gate Bridge with the lights. Didn't think that was even going to happen. Usually, you'll see Karl the Fog and nothing more interesting from there.

Reactions: Chuckeee and rm5

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Historians will say "In 2024, a magnetic instability in the planet's core caused the planet's crust to fracture and with lava flowing in all directions, life ceased to exist for several hundred years. Not even the scientists suspected as they were so busy watching the Northern Lights that they missed the warning signs." o_O
😆

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Historians will say "In 2024, a magnetic instability in the planet's core caused the planet's crust to fracture and with lava flowing in all directions, life ceased to exist for several hundred years. Not even the scientists suspected as they were so busy watching the Northern Lights that they missed the warning signs." o_O
😆
Well, at least some historians survived. 😜

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Collecting my Prescription glasses today. My first pair since I was a small child. Unfortunately they broke the second pair sizing them. Oh well. I get to come back Sunday.
Now just waiting for another test.
It feels weird wearing them. Text is lovely and clear. But everything else is weirdly not. Have to remember to take them off when not reading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.