Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daisy Smith

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2015
Rumors suggest the event will focus on the new 5 iPhone SE and a new iPad Air.
What's that one rumor, which makes you feel WOW, this is something.?
I genuinely am curious to know what the less-gendered Siri voice sounds like.

Preview of March 8 Event? https://gitmind.com/app/doc/d029140948

bgk5g1.png

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I feel the same way. It's such a big event.
I haven’t missed a apple event since the iPhone 4 event.

Apart from iOS 16, not looking forward to anything else this year, I’ll be keeping my 13 pro max until apple release a 8” foldable iPhone.

Reactions: MacLappy

Daisy Smith

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2015
I haven’t missed a apple event since the iPhone 4 event.

Apart from iOS 16, not looking forward to anything else this year, I’ll be keeping my 13 pro max until apple release a 8” foldable iPhone.
Foldable iPhone... I gave up on switching to Samsung Galaxy Z Flip when I saw the screen crease on my friend's phone.

Reactions: LFC2020

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
The only things that can make me go "Wow!" are eGPU support with open driver support (Ie. Nvidia back in the game), along with low prices on everything announced.

Yes, I also believe in fairies.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Foldable iPhone... I gave up on switching to Samsung Galaxy Z Flip when I saw the screen crease on my friend's phone.
By the time apple enters the foldable game, the crease will be long gone.

Apple would never release a foldable phone with a crease.

Reactions: SamRyouji

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I need a new desktop Mac and monitor - see what new stuff they have to sell soon.
Mini, Studio….?
Rumor’s don’t make me wow, I hope the keynote will though.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I need a new desktop Mac and monitor - see what new stuff they have to sell soon.
Mini, Studio….?
Rumor’s don’t make me wow, I hope the keynote will though.
Sounds like the mac studio is exactly what you’re after. ?

1646732790656.jpeg

Reactions: SamRyouji

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
A new iPhone SE is fine, but Apple will not hold an event just for that. An Apple event is supposed to bring something new and exciting, and not just a repackaged phone.

The things that would excite me would be a new redesigned MacBook Air; a brand-new redesigned large iMac; or a new Mac overall (such as the rumored Mac Studio). I may not buy any of them, but they would feel like real advancements.

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
If the new SE turns out to be based on Xr I'd be delighted. Alas, the rumours say it won't be.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Apple launched the M1 processor in an event with the tagline "One more thing". In the "Spring loaded" event, Apple launched the redesigned M1 iMac and the M1 iPad Pro, with the larger model carrying a Mini-LED display. The "Unleashed" event revealed the M1 Pro/Max MacBook Pro.

A "Peek performance" event sounds far more ambitious than these past ones. I would be extremely disappointed if the headliner of the event is a new iPhone SE, a new iPad Air, a new monitor, new Air Pods, or some minor OS feature.

Apple created the hype, now it must live up to it.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I’ll just be watching out of curiosity as I am not in the market for anything. Perhaps an iMac will be my next purchase so would be slightly interested in an M2 processor. Don’t think anything major will be announced until Sept though. Also interested in the SE3 however I won’t be replacing my 12 Mini with it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Rumors suggest the event will focus on the new 5 iPhone SE and a new iPad Air.
What's that one rumor, which makes you feel WOW, this is something.?
I genuinely am curious to know what the less-gendered Siri voice sounds like.

Preview of March 8 Event? https://gitmind.com/app/doc/d029140948

bgk5g1.png
What is a '5 iPhone SE'?

Do you mean the 2022 iPhone SE? I'm guessing you put '5' in there because it has the shape/dimensions of the iPhone 5?

Other than that I have no clue.

In any case, the 2022 iPhone SE will be interesting - only because my son has the 2020 version and the original.

There is nothing to make me go 'WOW' though. The last products that elicited that response from me were the PowerMac G4 Quicksilver and the 17" PowerBook G4 - both of which I own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.