Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
USA
So you find an app on the App Store on your iPhone 6 Plus, let's say the #1 free app currently, Agar.io.

uhtmsym.jpg

You're interested in viewing the app's pictures. They're all landscape but showing in portrait orientation. Instinctively, you rotate the phone to landscape to view the photo in full screen in the proper orientation.

oIqO7Nh.jpg

That simple, right?

2xtwB8q.jpg

Wrong.
Because you have a 6+, the entire App Store can show in landscape mode as well as portrait, so, when you rotate your phone to view a landscape photo of an app, the entire App Store flips to landscape causing the photo to once again be the wrong direction causing you to never be able to view the photo in its proper orientation without using portrait lock or a lot of frustrating phone movements...

Reactions: stusgt67

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
I just toggle the rotation lock in CC if I really want to see the picture. But I agree Apple should fix it.

With the iPad, landscape pictures are cropped to portrait screen size and then when you click on the photo and turn the iPad over it goes to landscape correctly.

Reactions: Kevsta26

stusgt67

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2015
United Kingdom
So you find an app on the App Store on your iPhone 6 Plus, let's say the #1 free app currently, Agar.io.

uhtmsym.jpg

You're interested in viewing the app's pictures. They're all landscape but showing in portrait orientation. Instinctively, you rotate the phone to landscape to view the photo in full screen in the proper orientation.

oIqO7Nh.jpg

That simple, right?

2xtwB8q.jpg

Wrong.
Because you have a 6+, the entire App Store can show in landscape mode as well as portrait, so, when you rotate your phone to view a landscape photo of an app, the entire App Store flips to landscape causing the photo to once again be the wrong direction causing you to never be able to view the photo in its proper orientation without using portrait lock or a lot of frustrating phone movements...
Yep, totally agree, don't understand why this isn't fixed!

Reactions: Kevsta26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.