Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thisismyusername

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2015
The real question is why would you want to pay twice the price for something that's just an off the shelf TV with an apple TV glued to the inside (that can't be upgraded without upgrading the entire television) and an Apple sticker on the front? That's all an Apple television set would be.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Dear Apple

Oh, I am so ever waiting patiently for this and was just reminded how good it could be today.

I'm just watching some live streaming TV news on my iMac and the experience is that much better than watching it on my regular TV. That neat rounded chunky black bezel makes colors
pop!

When will Apple release a real Apple Television? One that includes regular terrestrial television combined with online streaming TV, Mac apps, iOS apps and superb web browsing.

How I would love to program using Xcode from my couch! How fun would video calls and photo booth be in the living room?

You were so close to releasing something like this a number of years ago, why the delay?

32", 40", 48" might be some nice screen sizes to start off with. You don't need iMac's chin or the Apple logo on the front, keeping the logo neatly placed at the back. The design will be instantly and recognisably Apple without the logo.

Oh how I wait patiently, Apple. You've been too practical, too utilitarian of late. Stop focusing so much time on the watch, the car (shhhhh, it's a secret), focus on what you're already great at, Apple-- screens, dreams, fun and magic. Answer the call, Apple!

Sincerely

Smacrumon

You feel better now ?

TV's available now:

Samsung
Sony
LG
Toshiba
Etc, etc

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
But you don't understand. They're not Apple. It makes all the difference in the world. A run-of-the-mill HDTV with the Apple logo would be a quantum leap, and people would sell bodily organs to pay the price for this priceless device which bears the magical Apple logo boldly emblazoned thereupon.

Reactions: animatedude

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I would take a Samsung over Apple for a TV. Apple is sure to miss something the first time around anyway and give us less than what the others offer now, plus the others have many years of experience. ;) And Apple will jack up the price beyond the others as they do with the other Apple products

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.