Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
I like that green. Thinking about ordering the green Slam case or the Catalyst blue/orange.
Which should I go for?

Ordered this one too...

1575086799793.jpeg

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
I ordered the Apple Clear case for my 11 Pro Max. Hated it and sent it back. Tried it again this week and surprisingly haven’t had it off my phone since Wednesday. I really like it now. Funny as I hated it at first.....

Reactions: Sal09

robrobrobro

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018
I always wondered why people cared about having a lip on the front of the case for protection. It just made cases feel bulky and awkward to me.

Then today, I was leaving the gym and ran to my car because it was freezing outside. My phone slid out of my gym shorts pocket, skipped across the concrete, and left two little chips in the front glass. Thankfully they’re tiny and not on the viewing area itself but... yeah... I’m now ordering a case with a lip.

Reactions: reebs

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I always wondered why people cared about having a lip on the front of the case for protection. It just made cases feel bulky and awkward to me.

Then today, I was leaving the gym and ran to my car because it was freezing outside. My phone slid out of my gym shorts pocket, skipped across the concrete, and left two little chips in the front glass. Thankfully they’re tiny and not on the viewing area itself but... yeah... I’m now ordering a case with a lip.
Which case are you looking to get?

robrobrobro

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018
Which case are you looking to get?

I love the style/color combo of the slate UAG Civilian. But as someone who’s always used low profile cases, I’m wondering if it’ll be too bulky. Also the thought of spending $50 on a case makes me want to die a little.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Well, my limitless 3.0 for my 11 pro came in today. It’s not a bad case so far. It’s not bowed much at all and the buttons are clicky and responsive. I kinda like this case even though I know the black leather is going to probably be shot in a few months.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Well, my limitless 3.0 for my 11 pro came in today. It’s not a bad case so far. It’s not bowed much at all and the buttons are clicky and responsive. I kinda like this case even though I know the black leather is going to probably be shot in a few months.

You got a leather Limitless 3.0 without the banana warp?
Maybe you should pickup a couple of Lottery tickets for tonight. ;)

Reactions: blaine07

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
You got a leather Limitless 3.0 without the banana warp?
Maybe you should pickup a couple of Lottery tickets for tonight. ;)
It’s bowed, but not as extreme as the cases you guys received. I think I still like my Nomad case more than the Mous case. It just feels more solid and better built.

On a side note since we’re leather junkies, my Rose Anvil Claude wallet also came in the mail. ?

Reactions: Hooterville

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Back in the otterbox commuter and today my 11 pro took a nasty spill from waist height onto tile floor then cart wheeled down few steps in the gym today. My phone is fine and I’m glad I swapped cases to a bulkier more protective case. I’m pretty sure my other cases would have protected my phone, I guess the added piece of mind of the fatter lip has me worrying less and less about dropping my phone. The commuter has a fat lip!

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Got in the order of Mous cases today and all I can say is their quality in in the toilet. ?
The Limitless 3.0 Leather is bowed like an banana and the leather looks like crap. The leather on both Contour cases also look like S.hit. The only good ones are the Aramid Fiber ones.

HUGE piles of ????
I got the moms case contour speckled one and I like it
what's wrong with it? if the quality gets poor overtime let me know and ill return it lol. It cost me £39.99 so its expensive
[automerge]1575234982[/automerge]
View attachment 879202
Just arrived. Now bend and no saggy bottom lip
What do you mean by saggy? Like its loose?

Last edited:

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
what's wrong with it? if the quality gets poor overtime let me know and ill return it lol. It cost me £39.99 so its expensive

lol, you didn't see the banana photos above?
[automerge]1575236749[/automerge]
Back in the otterbox commuter and today my 11 pro took a nasty spill from waist height onto tile floor then cart wheeled down few steps in the gym today. My phone is fine and I’m glad I swapped cases to a bulkier more protective case. I’m pretty sure my other cases would have protected my phone, I guess the added piece of mind of the fatter lip has me worrying less and less about dropping my phone. The commuter has a fat lip!

How many cases have you got?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

The cases have an extreme bow in them as seen in the pictures above making it almost impossible to get the phone in. The leather on the contour cases is crap, take a look at the video I posted above. I have a feeling it’s not real leather since it starts to peel away from the case and flake off. The separation between the bottom lip and the charging port is where the “sag” is that everyone is talking about. In some cases the bottom lip doesn’t even touch the phone leaving a huge gap between the phone and case like what happened with my first contour. I had to modify my replacement contour case because of this issue. For the price of the case, this is crap from Mous. The buttons are complete trash and I mean TRASH!!!! If you’ve ever had the chance to try a tech 21, rhinoshield or almost any otterbox you will feel a huge difference in the way the buttons feel. That pretty much sums it up.
[automerge]1575237295[/automerge]
lol, you didn't see the banana photos above?
[automerge]1575236749[/automerge]

How many cases have you got?
I have 7 total. 2 mous contour, 1 limitless, 1 otterbox clear symmetry, 1 otterbox commuter, 1 Nomad rugged and 1 Spigen liquid air.

Edit: I forgot to mention I also have 2 Apple leather cases (saddle brown and black) so 9 cases total.

Last edited:

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
The cases have an extreme bow in them as seen in the pictures above making it almost impossible to get the phone in. The leather on the contour cases is crap, take a look at the video I posted above. I have a feeling it’s not real leather since it starts to peel away from the case and flake off. The separation between the bottom lip and the charging port is where the “sag” is that everyone is talking about. In some cases the bottom lip doesn’t even touch the phone leaving a huge gap between the phone and case like what happened with my first contour. I had to modify my replacement contour case because of this issue. For the price of the case, this is crap from Mous. The buttons are complete trash and I mean TRASH!!!! If you’ve ever had the chance to try a tech 21, rhinoshield or almost any otterbox you will feel a huge difference in the way the buttons feel. That pretty much sums it up.
[automerge]1575237295[/automerge]

I have 7 total. 2 mous contour, 1 limitless, 1 otterbox clear symmetry, 1 otterbox commuter, 1 Nomad rugged and 1 Spigen liquid air.

Edit: I forgot to mention I also have 2 Apple leather cases (saddle brown and black) so 9 cases total.
Oh wow thinking if I should return mine? I got the pro max contour speckled case and I haven't noticed any problems with the fit (it's a very tight fit though and it looks like it will be a nightmare to get out). It doesn't even feel like leather tbh - is the speckled design actually leather lol?

I had a tech 21 case ages ago and it turned yellow after a month (it was a clear case) and it started to get really loose so I just haven't used tech 21 since....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.