Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I'll need to see what the FineWoven actually looks like and colors. I guess price matters too LOL
I hope Spigen has the EZ fit temper glass screen protectors ready to ship after the announcement. I want to put it on as soon as I take the phone out of the box. Always had good luck with them. Have it on my work phone and iPad mini
Plan on Titan Gray phone

Reactions: RRC and Hooterville

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Those FineWoven pics could be fake. They don't have a button for the action/mute button. The diagram on the back of the box also has the old style hole. Maybe they will have a hole and those pics are legit, but every 3rd party case I've seen has three buttons that side.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Those FineWoven pics could be fake. They don't have a button for the action/mute button. The diagram on the back of the box also has the old style hole. Maybe they will have a hole and those pics are legit, but every 3rd party case I've seen has three buttons that side.
Maybe TouchID will make a return in that action button…

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Not sure I am upgrading this year. If I do, not sure. I always end up buying a ton of cases and end up sticking with an Apple leather case lol.

guibo73

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
IMG_9006.png
For some reason Benks is already selling iPhone 15 cases.

Attachments

• IMG_9005.png
    IMG_9005.png
    510.4 KB · Views: 93

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
Very excited, will be ordered sheath and synthesis next week. Maybe phone rebel gen 5 as well.
When do they go on sale? I’m looking for the sheath myself. Even if I need to order it before I get the phone. I had to wait too long one year to get a case in my preferred color.

Edit: I mean Caudabe
They have amazing cases.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
When do they go on sale? I’m looking for the sheath myself. Even if I need to order it before I get the phone. I had to wait too long one year to get a case in my preferred color.

Edit: I mean Caudabe
They have amazing cases.
I too am waiting for Caudabe to release their 15 series cases.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I'm going to wait a bit. I got Caudabe for my 12 and the sides bulged. Then they made a replacement that was improved and had slits in the volume buttons so they are easier to press. I also want to see cases that come a little later down the line and won't be out by release day. I'm in no hurry.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I too am waiting for Caudabe to release their 15 series cases.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I received that same email. I just hope they are launched before September 30, or I would have an order in by then, so that I can use my two 30% and one 10% off promo codes from Club Caudabe. I’m sad that their rewards program is ending.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I usually get a cheap case, usually Ringke with a coupon or discount code from Slickdeals to tide me over while I figure out can I even keep a phone at all given my horrendous sensitivity to pwm flicker on the displays.

Then if I can keep the phone I will splurge on a good case.

I’ve tried Caudabe Lucid Clear in the past but not since the form changed to the flat sides. Then went to Casekoo and Torras for clear cases for my flat sided phones.

When I got my refurbished silver/white 12 Pro Max a couple of months ago, I found this case on Amazon and it’s been sturdy and beautiful. I got two other variants and I love how the white of my phone still shows through but I have all these pops of color. They did make these cases for the 14 Pro Max and I hope to find some for the 15 Pro Max. Especially if I get some dreary greyscale color I want to dress up.

It fits well and is very protective with no drawbacks except it is really hard to take off. It’s sort of like suctioning onto the phone. I usually have to hold my phone under a stream of hot water for a few seconds to soften the case and remove it. No, I don’t get the phone itself wet but for a drop or two.

This case cost me about $14 USD on sale.

IMG_8705.png

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
I hope they offer the Sheath in Crimson again at the start but could go black. Not my favourite looking case but the strong MagSafe, protectiveness and the great feel in the hand will mean it'll be my go to when released.

Will probs get a Spigen or similar to tide me over if not available before launch. (Might not get to me in the UK quick enough anyway). Will also look at the new official cases.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Why spend all that money on a iPhone to put it in a cheap case

Just don’t be a klutts, I haven’t had a case in years
That’s your opinion. If you feel that way what was your purpose to post in this thread where the ones who have posted plan on getting a case. I have a job where having a case is imperative. Without it, I would have a cracked screen every week and a shattered back. I also don't have much free time to spend time in an Apple Store to have the screen repaired or the phone replaced.

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
Why spend all that money on a iPhone to put it in a cheap case

Just don’t be a klutts, I haven’t had a case in years
Yea, it’s not about being a klutts. Some of us use our phones like a tool. This thing will be on boats, in rivers, rafts, cliffs, trails, trees, etc. it only takes one small, well placed drop to ruin the device. I certainly get applecare but inevitably, at some point, a sharp rock manages to crack my screen - and usually not even from a drop. The case and screen protector has saved me far more money than they cost. Without a screen protector, I’d be replacing screens a couple times a device.

Maybe, if your phone is immaculate after two years, you should get out more often.

Reactions: Azzin and 5105973

InvertedGoldfish

Suspended
Jun 28, 2023
That’s your opinion. If you feel that way what was your purpose to post in this thread where the ones who have posted plan on getting a case. I have a job where having a case is imperative. Without it, I would have a cracked screen every week and a shattered back. I also don't have much free time to spend time in an Apple Store to have the screen repaired or the phone replaced.

Same as you I guess

I work outdoors around equipment, not really a factor

InvertedGoldfish

Suspended
Jun 28, 2023
Yea, it’s not about being a klutts. Some of us use our phones like a tool. This thing will be on boats, in rivers, rafts, cliffs, trails, trees, etc. it only takes one small, well placed drop to ruin the device. I certainly get applecare but inevitably, at some point, a sharp rock manages to crack my screen - and usually not even from a drop. The case and screen protector has saved me far more money than they cost. Without a screen protector, I’d be replacing screens a couple times a device.

Maybe, if your phone is immaculate after two years, you should get out more often.

I’ve got significant sailing under my belt too, getting splashed hasn’t been a factor

Using it as a tool, like to hammer in nails, or as a door stop, I could get the case, or if being used by someone with poor motor skills 🤷‍♂️

Personally I’d just go with a screen protector, as these soft screens seem to even scratch just being in a pocket with nothing else, and call it a day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.