Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Do you happen to have a photo of the white haze? I believe you (of course), but I’ve never seen this and I’m curious to see what it looks like. Thanks!
I really don't. It would just get a white powdery look stuck in the finish and I was not a fan of that.

Reactions: Zensō

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
Anyone with a recent cactus case have the same issues of the gap and creaking?
Yup same issues. Can't fix the gap, but stick some regular Scotch tape along the insides and that fixes the creaking problem completely. For a 60 dollar case, it's pretty unacceptable how bad the creaking is. Good thing I got it on Amazon and it's probably going back to them.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Update on the Togo - it patinas like garbage lol

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 80

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
These Togo cases, or any leather case with that texture is obviously heavily treated/modified to produce that texture, no?
Yep, the pattern is applied which is why the edges where the leather wraps around the sides is often smoother and doesn't carry on the texture/pattern.

Reactions: Hooterville

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Is it just me or is the case game kind of weak this iPhone? Each year I find a case that I love, this year I have some that I kind of settled for lol.

Agreed, I have not found a single case that I like this year. Same for screen protectors.

Last year, I loved Bellroy's leather case, but they changed it and it's not as good anymore.

Reactions: clin0048

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Agreed, I have not found a single case that I like this year. Same for screen protectors.

Last year, I loved Bellroy's leather case, but they changed it and it's not as good anymore.

I felt this way until I tried the Benks a little while back. It’s taken from September until now, but finally found my “that’s the one”!

Reactions: landonalder

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Better version:

Perfect! Thank you!

This? What colour?

Got the frosted black.

Reactions: Surfsalot

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Maybe not as noticeable on the black? I haven’t used the Togo much as I went back into the thin and comfy Cactus right away 😳
My cactus came in today, the thinness is nice but yall didn’t tell me it’s both wider and taller than the andar or Togo lol kinda defeats the purpose of the thinness :/

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Which Benks and why?

Post #15,217 - Benks MagClap Armour Pro. Still as smitten with it as I was when I posted that on 2nd May. It's not been off my phone since then which is far longer than any other case this year. It's actually the first time in about 2/3 years/iterations of iPhones that I've felt this settled on one case. Can't believe it took me so long to try this one given how many others I tried 🤦🏻‍♂️

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I also have not found a case I really like for the 15PM. My favourite is still the Pitaka MagEZ which is the first case I bought; what a waste of time and money buying all the others! I just wish it was slightly more protective just in case an accident happens but I find the material very grippy and because it’s not bulky the phone sits really nicely and securely in the hand

Reactions: AnthroMatt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.