Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjmac

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
ABSOLUTELY the T1i!

I have 4 professional photo friends, all have $2,000 Canon SLRS and they all said they wish they had the new T1i. Its amazing. Get it, save your money on a more expensive SLR and spend it on lenses. Just got back from Fiesta Bowl and took pics of players with $cheap $300 zoom lens in burst mode and in action and they were incredible. You won;t regret this camera at all!

i don't know which SLR to get..this will be my first DSLR camera, but i am a very fast learner and already have done much research on them.
the only reason why i have a dilemma, is the pricing...

i can get a DSLR D90 for 830 (body+lens)

or i can get a canon T1i for 711 (body+lens)

i just don't know which one to choose, i heard the d90 obviously better, and was told to just spend the extra hundred on a good one even if it is a first camera since its a small difference. those were the 2 i was looking to get, maybe if not the d5000 for 530...

please help? any forums to help me specifically with slrs??

thanks!

modular

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
wish i could see the picture you posted, yeaah, i just gotta get photoshop for my mac and i'm good to go.. i'm soo siked!!

opps, did that photo not upload correctly?

here's another try - With this pic it shows before (top) and after (bottom) processing. Just to show you the power of editing your photos to creating the looking/feeling you are intending.

Photo taken with a T1i before and after photoshop (you could actually do the same editing in iphoto im sure - just giving you an example here):

Attachments

• sampleEdit.jpg
    sampleEdit.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 85

maddagascar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
opps, did that photo not upload correctly?

here's another try - With this pic it shows before (top) and after (bottom) processing. Just to show you the power of editing your photos to creating the looking/feeling you are intending.

Photo taken with a T1i before and after photoshop (you could actually do the same editing in iphoto im sure - just giving you an example here):

sicckk photos.. but is there any software for my mac that i can use to convert from a raw to jpeg, or just lower the size of the image down to upload them on here or any website?

maddagascar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
does anyone know any websites to get some cool camera backpacks/gear? i've been trying to find some, but don't know any name brands really for cameras. as i'm still looking for a good software to lower my image sizes.

Macabron

macrumors member
May 23, 2005
Durango, México.
Lower image size.

does anyone know any websites to get some cool camera backpacks/gear? i've been trying to find some, but don't know any name brands really for cameras. as i'm still looking for a good software to lower my image sizes.
The free way to do that from RAW, is built in your mac, you can "save as" in preview app and then use the resulting file. The problem here is that the size reduction is a file size mode, instead of a very specific pixel size mode.

Also I think USM Canon lenses focus really fast, and "L" lenses are very good quality, thats why I went with Canon, but you can't really go wrong either way. Choose the camera that feels better in your hand. Or a one with an incredible track record. :)
http://gizmodo.com/5427517/canon-dslr-suffers-3000+foot-fall-camera-and-lens-still-work

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
I went with a Kata bag, http://www.amazon.com/Kata-KT-R-103-GDC-Rucksack/dp/B0009PYV6K/ref=pd_cp_p_1 The thing is built like a tank and you can get extra dividers that can be cut to fit your needs. There are some other great bags out there but I don't have any real world experience with them.

maddagascar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
I went with a Kata bag, http://www.amazon.com/Kata-KT-R-103-GDC-Rucksack/dp/B0009PYV6K/ref=pd_cp_p_1 The thing is built like a tank and you can get extra dividers that can be cut to fit your needs. There are some other great bags out there but I don't have any real world experience with them.

it does look like a sickk bag..but i'm trying to find something just for maybe just one pocket room for one lens right now, cause i'm just gonna be using the lens kit and maybe one more depending on what i need. still learning about lenses right now..lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.