Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
And you think the fall replacement for the 8 will be a complete redesign then?

I have an 8 which I’ve been using since March and I think it’s a great phone. It’s the definitive version of the iPhone 6 so I can’t see them continuing with the design. I have no issue with the way it looks as my last phone was a 6S and I was merely looking for an internal upgrade. Sitting next to an S8 or X, however, and you can see that the phone is very dated looking. I can see Apple phasing out bezeled phones completely... though they’ll perhaps keep the 5 design for the SE2 as it’s a cheap alternative used to increase their market share.

Julienne

Suspended
Apr 26, 2018
Texas
I don’t know that it’s more comfortable to carry around because of the additional weight with the iPhone X, as it does seemingly feel heavier because of the Ststainless bands and glass design. But it certainly is more comfortable to use one handed compared to the width of the iPhone 8 Plus.
I went from an ultra light iPhone 5 to an iPhone 7 and i used a X in the store.

It’s not insanely heavy to me and I kind of like the heft. It makes it feel more substantial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.