Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berkdmrc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2022
Hi everyone!

I am using Lenovo Legion 5 Pro (11800H / 3060). But this PC is very heavy, and its battery life is poor to use outside.

My primary focus is portability, but I want to maintain performance. (I last played a game months ago. So it's not gaming performance.)

I am considering buying a new MacBook. Of course, I will sell Lenovo. I also have an iPad Pro 11 (2021).

Well, I am experiencing a great deal of indecision.

• MacBook Air (M2) 16 / 256
  • MacBook Pro 13 (M2) 16 / 256
  • MacBook Pro 14 (M1 Pro) 16 / 512

Storage is not a big deal breaker. I have a 1 TB Gen 4 SSD (7000 MB/s Read). If needed, I can get support from it externally.

I used to use the video editing programs often. I don't need it now, but I may need it in the future.

Of course, the best choice among these three models is the MacBook Pro 14. But is it really worth it? Screen, yes, I know. Design, yeah, is fantastic. Ports and more ports. More powerful, but need this?

If I buy a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro 13, will I in safe?

Which of these three models would you buy?

P.S.; I am living in Turkey. MacBook Air (16/256) 26.300 TRY, MacBook Pro (16/256) 28.000 TRY, and MacBook Pro 14 (16/512) 36.000 TRY.

TSE

macrumors 601
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
It depends on what you want to do.

For most people, the MacBook Air M2 is the best option and a great choice. I think it's good that you are upgrading the RAM to 16 GBs for Longevity. I would also consider upgrading the storage to 512 GBs, as when you upgrade your storage to that it increases speed greatly as well.

I would also strongly consider the M1 MacBook Air as well. You can upgrade the RAM to 16 GBs and save some cash. Outside of the design, differences between it at the M2 aren't that great.

If you are going to be using this laptop for serious work, you MIGHT want to consider the MacBook Pro 14", but it doesn't sound it's needed and the MacBook Air is much more portable, affordable, and with longer battery life.

berkdmrc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2022
I bought the MacBook Pro 14 (16/512)

If I had chosen the MacBook Air M2 (16/512) or the MacBook Pro 13 M2 (16/512), I would have paid a very close price.

It was delivered yesterday, and I've done the setups. It's a great device.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSE and Basic75

TSE

macrumors 601
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I bought the MacBook Pro 14 (16/512)

If I had chosen the MacBook Air M2 (16/512) or the MacBook Pro 13 M2 (16/512), I would have paid a very close price.

It was delivered yesterday, and I've done the setups. It's a great device.

Enjoy your amazing new device my friend. :)

• Love
Reactions: berkdmrc

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Hi, I hear where u are coming from. I purchased a M2 MBA 16 ,1TB.. This thing is fast. I am coming from a 15 MBP .. Screen is amazing battery life is off the charts. My wife has a M1 MBA very similar in speed. I agree with one of the other replies, go with the 512 SSD if u go with the MBA .. Much faster than the 256! I was on the fence with the 14 MBP yes the screen the screen the screen, But the M2 Air has a wonderful looking screen. I Use this mostly for travel to France so I opted for the air just for the size and weight. Its a hard choice I'm still on the fence. I may run to my local Apple store and compare my Air to their 14 Pro in the store. I have until Jan to return my air. My gut feeling is Ill be keeping the AIR just for the extra hour of battery life how thin the Air is. Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: berkdmrc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.