Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vim147

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I currently have a 2012 Mac mini which I have been using for the last 10 years however I am now looking to do video editing of 4K for Youtube etc.

I don't want to pay alot for the laptop so looking for a used one that is capable of it.

Which year MacBook/spec would do this ? I will be connecting it to a monitor so prefer a smaller sized screen 13".

Not too bother about render speed as I will just let it do overnight.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I currently have a 2012 Mac mini which I have been using for the last 10 years however I am now looking to do video editing of 4K for Youtube etc.

I don't want to pay alot for the laptop so looking for a used one that is capable of it.

Which year MacBook/spec would do this ? I will be connecting it to a monitor so prefer a smaller sized screen 13".

Not too bother about render speed as I will just let it do overnight.
Why not the M2 Mac mini? Even the regular M2 model will be a huge jump over your 2012 mini. If you want to use it as a desktop, I recommend just getting the M2 mac mini instead of a laptop.

If you are persistent in getting a laptop, what's your budget? Currently, the best bang for the buck is the refurbished M1 Pro/Max Macbook Pros.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.