Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
wmmk said:
as PSE still comes with bridge, i'd say go with it.if you have an intel mac, you might want to wait for version 5, which will be a UB.

That will be a long wait, perhaps summer of 2007.

In any case, most people don't use the print design aspects of Photoshop such as CMYK colour, as well as some other advanced abilities such as actions, so most people can do exactly what they need with Photoshop Elements and work up later, if they eventually surpass its abilities.

tiggle

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
Hong Kong
differences between elements and ps full

I may be wrong on this, but elements does not have "paths". This is a great way to save selections made. It also does not have channels-I think. Both of these things are very useful to more intermediate users.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I've got PSE 4.0 and it's great. Even runs pretty well on my MacBook (though I've now got 2GB RAM)

brett33

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2004
Waco, TX
I teach classes on both Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements 4. What I reccomend for people that ask the question is to go ahead and pick up a copy of Elements, learn it and when you get to the point where there are things that you wish that you could do and can't then move on to the full version of Photoshop.

While there are no official upgrade paths you there are ways to upgrade from Elements to full photoshop for around $299.

wendeo

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2006
Viva Las Vegas
I upgraded my PS3.2 to CS2 recently and LOVE it! An extremely powerful tool. I took a class at the community college, only scratched the surface of what it can do. Actually used it quite a lot to build my website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.