Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
My old iMac retired, years ago.

Went on a bit of a spending spree, a short while ago, and bought an M2 MBA & 16" M2 MBP.

I absolutely love the machines (I think my Air is my favourite) but I don't really have any use for them?

I used to write creatively, so maybe I could get back into that? I browse the web, but that can be don via my 14 Pro Max, or 11" iPP. I just love Macs, and wanted to get a new one. The reason I bought two, in quick succession, is because I spend my week between two addresses, and didn't want to carry a laptop around with me.

I just started using the Apple News app, which is obviously cross platform. Just trying to think of other uses for these beautiful machines?

When the weather gets nicer, I intend to resume my street photography, using only my iPhone (which will be a challenge) so I'll have my MacBooks to edit my shots.

Can you think of any other uses, for one who has no work related stuff to do on their computer?

Thanks in advance, and wishing you all well.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Sounds like you're looking for a hobby or something to do with your Macs so you get to use them more -- and you're looking for something specifically that takes advantage of the hardware. I guess you could add video to your street photography. Editing video tends to need good hardware to work smoothly, and might fit in with your other creative output.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Sounds like you're looking for a hobby or something to do with your Macs so you get to use them more -- and you're looking for something specifically that takes advantage of the hardware. I guess you could add video to your street photography. Editing video tends to need good hardware to work smoothly, and might fit in with your other creative output.
You're right, thanks.

Reactions: ignatius345

Saturn007

macrumors 65832
Jul 18, 2010
Maybe try another thread that asks people to describe the 3-5 things they most use their latest Macs for.

Or, even better, to describe the hobbies they pursue using their Macs. That will likely spark lots of feedback and give you some ideas.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Maybe try another thread that asks people to describe the 3-5 things they most use their latest Macs for.

Or, even better, to describe the hobbies they pursue using their Macs. That will likely spark lots of feedback and give you some ideas.
That's a great idea, thank you.

I'm going to do that right now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.