Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who else will install iOS 13 Developer Beta 1 the minute it is released?

• Total voters

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
I expect this beta with Visual changes to be highly unstable. I will hop on the beta train once Beta 3 is released.

I used to run betas all the time. I have several subsequent devices I could use. However, they wouldn't see as much use running beta, and I don't think I want to deal with beta woes and unsupported apps this time. I could change my mind after the WWDC announcement. Speaking of which, I need to renew my Developer account before it expires.

You don't have to renew Dev account just to test Beta. Plenty of developer profiles float around.
Or else get on Public beta.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
What’s the best way to do this when the beta profile is released tomorrow:

Factory restore, set up phone as new, then download/install the iOS 13 beta profile

- OR -

Download/install the beta profile, then factory restore and set up phone as new

I forget what I’ve done in past and could use a memory jog.

Thanks.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK

Factory restore, set up phone as new, then download/install the iOS 13 beta profile

- OR -

Thanks.
- Backup
- Install Profile
- Download beta

Don’t usually bother with factory reset/setting up as new

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
- Backup
- Install Profile
- Download beta

Don’t usually bother with factory reset/setting up as new

I usually like to do a reset for the hell of it just to eliminate any trace of the old OS.

So, if I wanna rid my phone of any trace of iOS 12, I guess I’ll download the iOS 13 profile, install it, then do a factory reset and set up as a new phone.

Sadly, I kind of find that process to be enjoyable.

chinaswordmaster

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2019
Sydney
I usually like to do a reset for the hell of it just to eliminate any trace of the old OS.

So, if I wanna rid my phone of any trace of iOS 12, I guess I’ll download the iOS 13 profile, install it, then do a factory reset and set up as a new phone.

Sadly, I kind of find that process to be enjoyable.

Hmm, if we are not a developer but used the profile to install this beta. After reset the whole phone will it ask for developer license to activate as new ?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I picked #2, although unless people all post to say their phones stop working I'll then install it. With a recent backup, it's an easy job to restore back to 12.3 (or in my case, to 12.4 beta).

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East

- OR -

Thanks.

I don't necessarily think there is a best way. But for major X. software releases I always setup as new. Emails, messages, photos etc are all backed up the cloud now. The only other things I have to do then is a few passwords and check codes for my banking apps. But otherwise it's quicker for me to do it that way than restore from an iCloud backup.

I also always ensure I have a iCloud backup though incase I run into an issue and need to go back to a more stable software.

I think the last time I had an issue was iOS 10 B1 which was draining the battery like crazy. But otherwise since around iOS 8 the beta train has been pretty stable.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I don't necessarily think there is a best way. But for major X. software releases I always setup as new. Emails, messages, photos etc are all backed up the cloud now. The only other things I have to do then is a few passwords and check codes for my banking apps. But otherwise it's quicker for me to do it that way than restore from an iCloud backup.

I also always ensure I have a iCloud backup though incase I run into an issue and need to go back to a more stable software.

I think the last time I had an issue was iOS 10 B1 which was draining the battery like crazy. But otherwise since around iOS 8 the beta train has been pretty stable.

The one thing I would add is that you should create an archived backup. That backup you make to iCloud will be overwritten by the first backup that is created in iOS 13. And then you’ll have no way back (with data intact) until iOS 13 is released

Reactions: 0014

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
Absolutely will I jump the iOS 13 beta train as soon as it is online! In fact, that's what I have a secondary iPhone (=6s) for :eek:

Now I'm just hoping for iOS 13 to still support the 6s :confused:

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
September final release, a lot of these rumoured features dark mode keyboard swipe already on Android so not too excited, don’t get me wrong iOS is great Apple is late 1 year with features which makes it less exciting for me since I use both OS daily.

Then why not get excited about features Apple is FIRST with instead of late with?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I'll be sticking with my jailbroken device. I really wish Android wasn't the absolute cluster F that it is and I wasn't locked in to the eco system with my family and imessage... I would have switched a long time ago.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I'll install ipadOS 13, and maybe macOS on my MacBook and keep my iMac on Mojave.

I want to know if the new update method for watchOS will allow regression

happyhippo1337

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2013
Too afraid to use it on my iPhone XS, but will try it out on the iPad once the Beta profile becomes available ... let's see how long this takes.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
I have heard some early rumblings, that they are not releasing beta profiles, and you instead have to install thru iTunes.

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
ill probably install B1 on my iPad as thats not my primary device. I typically wait until B2-B3 to install on my main phone. Although iOS 11-12 were really stable even from B1 so I may just wait a couple of days and see what happens.

Reactions: jacklivehere
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.