Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will the iWatch be released in 2014?

• Yes

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 62.0%

• Total voters

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
As I'm sure everyone is aware. There has been fairly consistent rumours that the iWatch (or whatever it is called) will be announced next Tuesday and released in 2015. However, I feel that this is incorrect and the iWatch will be announced next Tuesday and released in 'December 2014'. There are a number of reasons why I feel this will be the case.

1. The time gap between announcing the product and releasing it in early December 2014 would be longer than that of the iPad. The iPad was announced in late January and went on sale in early April, just over two months, therefore, there's plenty of time for the iWatch to be announced, get FCC approval and be manufactured for an early December release. That would leave a gap longer than the gap between the iPad announcement and iPad release.

2. Why would Apple want to miss out on Christmas sales? There are many people who are going to want to buy this product as a gift, for example, those who are on the 'S' product cycle, may get an iWatch as a gift this year instead of the iPhone 6.

3. Bumper Apple Shipments. This suggests that apple has 'Above normal' numbers of products being shipped this autumn and therefore, it's a real possibility that the iWatch could be part of this shipment, I mean, are iPhone 6 shipments going to be hugely above that of other Apple launches? Unlikely i'd say, therefore that suggests that another product could be being shipped in addition to normal.

What do you think?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
2. Why would Apple want to miss out on Christmas sales?

They wouldn't.

A December release is too late for Christmas. (See: Black Friday)

So this is a reason for why it won't come out in December.

3. Bumper Apple Shipments. This suggests that apple has 'Above normal' numbers of products being shipped this autumn and therefore, it's a real possibility that the iWatch could be part of this shipment

Your idea here is that dozens of iPhone parts have been snuck out of the factory but that every single attempt at taking iWatch parts has been thwarted.

I'd really need you to explain how you think that would work.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
They wouldn't.

A December release is too late for Christmas. (See: Black Friday)

So this is a reason for why it won't come out in December.

Your idea here is that dozens of iPhone parts have been snuck out of the factory but that every single attempt at taking iWatch parts has been thwarted.

I'd really need you to explain how you think that would work.

They said Bumper shipments were expected, therefore they haven't shipped yet. That's why I think the iWatch could be part of these shipments. Also, I don't think December would be too late for Christmas, especially as Apple will be able to built a hype so people will hold off and purchase it when it comes out in December.

We don't have Black Friday in the UK and most buy gifts in mid-late December.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
There wasn't any for the iPad (until announcement day) or the iPhone. Why would it be any different for the iWatch?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
There wasn't any for the iPad (until announcement day) or the iPhone. Why would it be any different for the iWatch?

The original iPhone was before anyone had any reason to leak parts, so that's a moot point. However, I will drop some knowledge on ya: it was announced January 9, 2007, and went on sale June 29, 2007.

The iPad was announced January 27, 2010, preorders started March 12, 2010, and it went on sale April 3/30 (wifi/3G, respectively). All of this actually supports my point.

Get it now? It won't be any different for the "iWatch;" it'll be exactly the same.

veraamo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Like I said in another thread, what if the iWatch is being produced stateside, in Texas or Arizona by one of the plants that makes sapphire.... dum! dum! dum!

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I think the poll needs a "Could go either way" option or something like that. I really feel there is a 50 50 chance of it being 2014 or 2015

----------

Or you know we could just wait until Tuesday.

Guessing solves nothing.

Well it kept me entertained for the 2 mintues it took me too read the post and post :p

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Like I said in another thread, what if the iWatch is being produced stateside, in Texas or Arizona by one of the plants that makes sapphire.... dum! dum! dum!

Screens? Yes. Entire devices on the scale necessary to meet demand for an Apple device in a new mobile category? No way in Hell.

makerleone

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
USA
According to me iWatch will takes some time may be in 2015, in 2014 apple will go with iPhone 6 and iOS 8. but i am also really excited about iWatch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.