Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
My own fault I guess for not noticing the colour. Got cable bill in including mobiles and it was €50 more than normal. €50 listed as mobile usage. Normally it’s close to zero. No online bill available so phoned the company. Guy said I’d have to wait for bill but he could see lots of international texts and told me they weren’t included. I know this but everyone I know outside of Portugal has an iPhone. Look through and a mate I text an awful lot about football all out texts are green for the last just under a month. 7 April blue. 10 april green. Blue for years before that. I’ve not changed my iPhone 14 Pro and not has he. Both of us see texts to everyone else iPhone using is blue. Both have iMessage switched on.

Tried a new text to him and I can see the send button is green even as in typing.

Switched to WhatsApp until we figure it out.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
If the data connection has failed on either side, it will change to SMS. It used to try to send the iMessage, but after a couple of tries, it would let me know that it would just send SMS.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
My own fault I guess for not noticing the colour. Got cable bill in including mobiles and it was €50 more than normal. €50 listed as mobile usage. Normally it’s close to zero. No online bill available so phoned the company. Guy said I’d have to wait for bill but he could see lots of international texts and told me they weren’t included. I know this but everyone I know outside of Portugal has an iPhone. Look through and a mate I text an awful lot about football all out texts are green for the last just under a month. 7 April blue. 10 april green. Blue for years before that. I’ve not changed my iPhone 14 Pro and not has he. Both of us see texts to everyone else iPhone using is blue. Both have iMessage switched on.

Tried a new text to him and I can see the send button is green even as in typing.

Switched to WhatsApp until we figure it out.
had this happening between my wife and I after we switched carriers recently, I had to go into her message settings and check the actual phone #, for some reason it defaulted to email ... and for some strange reason, with my daughter who is on our plan and obviously switched too, it did not happen.
Check with your contact that they have iMessages enabled and also use their phone# (in addition to email)

Reactions: madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
had this happening between my wife and I after we switched carriers recently, I had to go into her message settings and check the actual phone #, for some reason it defaulted to email ... and for some strange reason, with my daughter who is on our plan and obviously switched too, it did not happen.
Check with your contact that they have iMessages enabled and also use their phone# (in addition to email)

thanks. checked everything. neither of us changed carriers or phones. both only affected with each other, other people showing as blue. imessage on and both of us have the others phone saved as iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.