Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Thanks, my wife took possess of my iphone this week and is now rushing for me to get another one.

She's suggesting the Xr but being that I wish to hold to it for a few years I'll likely go with the top of the line generation.

With quick start (the transfer tool), is it possible to transfer from a new generation to an old generation iphone? Just in case I needed to revert back to the Xr...

I’m not sure but I suspect it works going from any iPhone to any iPhone. 🤔

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
Glad to hear your wife is safe and at home:p

From the Apple site:

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. Both AppleCare+ and AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss extend that coverage1 and give you additional features such as 24/7 tech support and accidental damage coverage.

I'm not sure if this is any different in the UK than it is for us here in the US.

Apparently pick pocketing is an issue or you might not be buying her a new phone so maybe something to consider.

The UK has EU law which means the phone is already covered for 2 years of manufacturing defects, unlike the USA.

In the EU, the only reason to buy AppleCare+ is if you want a very expensive accidental damage insurance policy.

Reactions: staggerlee41

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
The UK has EU law which means the phone is already covered for 2 years of manufacturing defects, unlike the USA.

In the EU, the only reason to buy AppleCare+ is if you want a very expensive accidental damage insurance policy.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I wonder if Brexit will have any impact on this and other EU laws if ever fully implemented.

luckyluca

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2019
got the iphone 11 in the end, wife was happy with my xr.
no heating issues, battery is good too.

ended up cancelling my applecareplus and got refunded the amount not accrued so far.

happy camper

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.