Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I guess I am referring to Continuity - like if you start an album or especially a playlist on one device and wish to continue on another device/Mac - will it finally be added with iOS 17 and Sonoma??? Anyone who has used the beta versions see anything? Thanks.

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011
I would think they would have touted that in the keynote if they'd finally added it. There's certainly been a lot of people asking for it over the years--especially because Spotify has had that feature for a long time. No idea why Apple hasn't done it, considering all the Handoff/Continuity features they've added over the years.

The only thing Apple offers is a handoff of currently playing music between your iPhone and a HomePod or HomePod mini (in either direction).

Maybe someday, but highly doubtful with iOS 17.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
I just have a smart playlist for recently played and use that to switch between

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I just have a smart playlist for recently played and use that to switch between
Yes but switching between (in my case) an Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad and Mac will not keep track of what you were actually playing in the playlist - unless you just randomly play the list, which sort of defeats the idea of continuity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.