Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mystery hill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2021
Windows Server 2025 now has an ARM64 build that’s available in preview.

I have it running in a VM on an Apple Silicon MacBook.

Performance is quite good even though it was only released a few weeks ago and isn’t officially supported by any of the VM apps.

gabicava83

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Hey, just looking into this. Where did you get the ISO from? Do you have any basic instructions? I have seen it on UUP Dump, but not quite sure how to use that service yet. Any info kindly appreciated :) Thank you

mystery hill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2021
You can try CrystalFetch, which is a free utility based off of UUPDump. It downloaded the files, but I received an error during the conversion step and it wasn't able to create an ISO.

The other way which worked for me is to use UUDump directly. The Mac and Linux versions of the download script don't include updates in the ISO.

Run the download package on Windows 11 on ARM using Parallels or VMware Fusion, or on a Windows PC.

1. Go to uupdump.net
2. Click on Downloads at the top
3. Click on a Windows Server arm64 build (the latest current release is 26212.5000 (ge_prerelease) arm64)
4. Choose a language
5. Choose the editions that you want
6. For download method, choose Download and convert to ISO
7. Tick Include updates (only if you will be running the download script on Windows)
8. Click on Create download package button
9. Extract the zip file that's downloaded to a folder
10. Locate the file named uup_download_windows.cmd and run it
The ISO creation process will take some time. When everything's done, you will see a "Press 0 to exit" message.
The ISO file can be found in the same folder where you extracted the ZIP archive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.