Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Regarding the SE,a distinction without a difference. But you didn't address my last question. Will you still be posting on this forum due to your toy phone ownership?

If it was a distinction without a difference, you wouldn't have attacked me over it.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Consider yourself a smart consumer since not many are aware of these crucial details.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/7xqtdg/iphone_slow_to_pick_up_service_on_the_nyc_subway/

So I ride the subway to work. I have an iPhone X, and a Galaxy S8. The iPhone X at most gets 4G service, and mostly NO service for the entire ride in, including on the bridge.

The Galaxy S8 has LTE service instantly at each stop and a functional data connection even in weak spots.

Am I doing something wrong with the iPhone? It's so frustrating that its barely functional on T-Mobile.

Reactions: BiggAW

Blaze4G

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2015
Even so... it is funny... you are willing to jump ship on an assumed marginal difference in modem performance... even though you will be going to a CPU performace and RAM management situation that is FAR WORSE than what you will get on the iPhone! The A11 chip from LAST YEAR outperforms the Snapdragon 845... so you can imagine that the A12 will DESTROY it! And despite these Android phones have more RAM, they still experience far more app reloading in tests than the iPhone.
While I do agree the a11 and now a12 are both beast processors. I havent seen any test that shows the iPhone X better at both speed and ram management than the one plus at half the price.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
First world problems :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I find the "first world problems" thing hilarious, like my house so big my Wi-Fi don't work. Hence mesh networking. However, I would argue that while this issue with the iPhone in particular is a first world issue because of the iPhone's very high price, the issue of wireless reception and coverage is not at all, since many developing countries are more dependent on wireless technology than we are. They don't have fiber-deep HFC or FTTH to bring connectivity into the home and then run on Wi-Fi, they are using mobile for everything. That's why Uganda has one of the highest average mobile data usage average in the world, it's something on the order of 50GB, which is unfathomable for Americans who often bounce from one Wi-Fi network to another, rarely straying more than a mile, if that, from the fiber feeding it all.

Heineken

Suspended
Jan 27, 2018
I find the "first world problems" thing hilarious, like my house so big my Wi-Fi don't work. Hence mesh networking. However, I would argue that while this issue with the iPhone in particular is a first world issue because of the iPhone's very high price, the issue of wireless reception and coverage is not at all, since many developing countries are more dependent on wireless technology than we are. They don't have fiber-deep HFC or FTTH to bring connectivity into the home and then run on Wi-Fi, they are using mobile for everything. That's why Uganda has one of the highest average mobile data usage average in the world, it's something on the order of 50GB, which is unfathomable for Americans who often bounce from one Wi-Fi network to another, rarely straying more than a mile, if that, from the fiber feeding it all.
Yeah, yeah your reality distortion field rationalisations are common.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Yeah, yeah your reality distortion field rationalisations are common.

That doesn't make any sense. I'm acknowledging the reality that first world problems are first world problems, and that most of the world can't afford iPhones. There's no reality distortion here.
[doublepost=1536944279][/doublepost]ARGH, I just noticed that this thread got moved into the wrong forum as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.