Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
You need the Apple TV app to do so. No reason they couldn't have implemented this feature (I guess to push you to get an iDevice?). I don't want to have to grab my iPad every time I want to view my watchlist. Those who want to get into Apple TV+ without any Apple devices will be completely missing out.

The service has been OK thus far, but this would add reasons to why it's not more popular :(

EDIT: workaround for the lack of search... in a Google search, type in "Apple TV+ [name of show or film]".

Last edited:

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
I don’t like that having other streaming services linked to the Apple TV app only works with Apple devices.

It’s too confusing now. You’ve got:

Apple TV HD/4K (the box)
Apple TV app
Apple TV+ (the service)
Apple TV+ app (this is for some older TVs made by LG etc & on Sky Q/Sky glass. Sky is the satellite broadcaster in the UK)

On top of all that, you can’t view your iTunes content with only the TV+ app either.

They should rename the hardware to something else & cut out the fragmentation of which app works on what & what can be viewed in each one.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
So as of about a couple weeks ago, "Up Next" is now in the web browser! You just need to scroll to that section to see it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.