Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2020
I'm getting the following error attempting to connect Xcode on a MacBook to one of the new Ipad Pros: "The developer disk image could not be mounted on this device. Domain: com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code: 12040 Failure Reason: Error mounting image: 0xe8000105 (kAMDMobileImageMounterTATSUDeclinedAuthorization: The server declined to authorize this image on this device for this user.)"

has anyone had success doing this? any ideas? I've tried all sorts of things suggested online (including completely reinstalling Xcode and the iPad - Clearing trusted computers - restarting everything etc.)

Reactions: pung

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Has that new pro been fully updated? I think I saw there’s a day one update.

pung

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2022
Having the same problem. Using Xcode 15.4 with new iPad M4.

Previous preparation error: The developer disk image could not be mounted on this device.. Error mounting image: 0xe8000105 (kAMDMobileImageMounterTATSUDeclinedAuthorization: The server declined to authorize this image on this device for this user.)

anyone have a workaround?

Reactions: Greybeard2017

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2020
In addition to updating the iPad make sure Xcode is fully updated. I believe it needs to be 15.4+. And developer mode is enabled on the iPad.
Thanks - yes Xcode is current - and you get a helpful message if developer mode isn't enabled - this message isn't helpful.

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2020
And today its working - someone at Apple must have done something because I made no further changes on either Macbook or iPad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.