Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
  • Buy wide angle lens
  • Buy macro lens
  • "master" f/ stop
  • Learn correct lighting
  • expand in photoshop
  • get my name out there some how :p

This will be fun, 2 lenses and a car YAAAAAA :cool: I wonder what ill tell my parents

Ehm "Mom dad I thought long and hard and decided I'm going to be a hobo" :p :cool:

Peace

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Rehi all... been a long time since posting.

My list:

- Work through the backlog of images shot over the past two years. :eek:

- Try my hand at HDR with the great bracketing capabilities of the D200 (will require me to slow down a bit in setting up my shots)

- Spend more time with my Nikon D50IR (converted by Life Pixel) this coming Spring.

- Try to find some willing models to develop my skills at photographing people. (My experience on vacation last week with a buddy of mine, showed me that I need to develop my skills in interacting with people that are in front of my camera. I did well a few years back with a professional model, that sort of took charge. But my buddy is more the actor type, used to being told what to do.)

- Spend some more time shooting B&W film with my RF camera.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
For me:
  • finally bite the bullet and get a tripod, (manfrotto 055DB, 804rc2 combo)
  • shoot more,
  • shoot more,
  • shoot more,
  • practice at pp, (gimp, graphicconverter...)
  • try hdr when all the above is checked

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
[*]DIFFICULT: I bought a box of chocolate and 2 flowers, and I want to take a photo of me standing, with my arms held out in front of me, with a box of chcolate in one hand, and a flower in the other. It'll look like I'm giving her the chocolate and flower. The photo won't include my face, and will be shot diagonally, facing at a downward angle. The shot will include my arms, my body from my abdoment down to my knees or feet, the flowers, and the chocolate. I'll be wearing a suit, while my friend photographs it. This will be difficult because I don't know if he'll ever be able to photograph it the way I want. :eek:

Is he about the same size as you? You could get him to wear your suit and shoes and do the photograph yourself.

Here's some things on my to-do list:

• take some close-ups of textures to use as backgrounds
• take some close-ups in the garden when it's frosty. Haven't been able to do that this year as we've hardly had any frost.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
1. learn how to use photoshop
2. get people to buy prints from my deviantART account (when my parents finally let me make prints)
3. get Canon 400D SLR
4. get macro lens for said SLR

by the way, i'm 17, in final year of high school, and with pocket money trickling in from my parents. it'll be a while before 3 onwards is done :(

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
MY LIST

:apple: Take more HDR photos and put them together

Have I missed something? What are HDR photos?

That's on my list.

Add:

1. Panning with moving objects.
2. A Valentines Day photo for my girlfriend. Since I'm not in a long-distance relationship with her (sigh), I have to send her something. I can send her chocolate, but she's not the biggest fan of chocolate unless it's dark, because regular chocolate is too sweet.

Anyway, I can't/don't want to send her flowers, as she lives in Japan and ordering flowers from a website would be quite tricky. Plus, on Valentines Day, the GIRLS give the GUYS presents!!!!1!1!1!!o1ne!!two! :eek: Girls get presents on White Day, which is on March 14th. She'll get something on March 14th as well. :p

So here's what I'm trying to do for the next few days:

• DIFFICULT: I bought a box of chocolate and 2 flowers, and I want to take a photo of me standing, with my arms held out in front of me, with a box of chcolate in one hand, and a flower in the other. It'll look like I'm giving her the chocolate and flower. The photo won't include my face, and will be shot diagonally, facing at a downward angle. The shot will include my arms, my body from my abdoment down to my knees or feet, the flowers, and the chocolate. I'll be wearing a suit, while my friend photographs it. This will be difficult because I don't know if he'll ever be able to photograph it the way I want. :eek:
  • EASY: I'm going to take the box of chocolate and two flowers, put the box of chocolate down on the sand, lean one or both of the flowers against the chocolate box, and take a photo with a bit of sand and ocean in the background. The photo will be taken from a very low angle and rather close up. The background won't make a huge difference, but I'll know the difference, so I don't want to cheat. ;)

This will be done over the next few days.

Can I suggest you add:

3. Learn how to use self-timer.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
Mostly it's the equipment, but the SUV is getting older too. I'm at about the crossover point where the camera gear is worth more than the truck was new.:eek:

LMAO Nice, I think I might just go insane when that realization would hit me.

But w/e its all good (for now):p

Peace

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
I'm going to make a pin-hole camera and see if I can take any (recognisable) pictures with it.

Apparently I have to use this stuff called "film" or something. :p

You can use some photographic paper. If you have a darkroom and bypass the film.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
You can use some photographic paper. If you have a darkroom and bypass the film.

How about photographic paint? You could paint some plain paper with it and then use it in your pinhole. Needs long exposures tho.

I've seen it used in apartments - you project an image (B+W) onto a wall for a bit, and it becomes fixed in the paint.

taytho

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
How about photographic paint? You could paint some plain paper with it and then use it in your pinhole. Needs long exposures tho.

I've seen it used in apartments - you project an image (B+W) onto a wall for a bit, and it becomes fixed in the paint.

do you have any more info about this photo paint? that sounds pretty B A.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..

Not really. I saw it used in one of these crappy house makeover TV programs and thought to myself "hmm that looks pretty cool".

you could buy a job lot of heliotropic paints, it's really for fabrics but you could put it on the wall on other surface.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/sunpainting/

Gotta be a specific source for wall paint somewhere. I think the paint responds to the infrared in the sun / projected image.

http://www.shadesofbrilliance.com.au/fabric_paints.htm#suncolour

Requires heat setting (for fabrics) to fix it but I suppose mixing it with pva glue might help set it on other surfaces.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA

You should be able to Google around for liquid emulsion. Looks like Photographer's Formulary doesn't sell theirs anymore, but someone should. Probably need a good breathing mask for fixing the image though!

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
You should be able to Google around for liquid emulsion. Looks like Photographer's Formulary doesn't sell theirs anymore, but someone should. Probably need a good breathing mask for fixing the image though!

That's the one! Googling on "liquid emulsion" provides lots of info - thanks, I was trying to figure it out myself.

Pac a Mac

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
England
Wipe my mind of coffee table text book technique
Tip ALL accessories out of my bag and leave them home
Only buy DSLR when I'm old enough not to be embarassed by it (my problem)
Take more shots with my phone
Do NOT visit photo galleries

God I hate loving a hobby I hate in principle:confused:

taytho

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
1) Fiddle more with that neato Orton Technique and try some HDR stuff.
2) Buy that cheapo Canon 50mm prime.
3) Get a speedlite for my cousins wedding in July.
4) Find a monkey.
5) Play with said monkey.

good luck with 4 and 5. Let's be honest though, isn't tha goal on the back of everyone's mind. who wouldnt want to have a monkey around?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.