Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Sorry, it's just that someone had said something to me about photographers today. She seemed to think that photography was a 'gay' thing.

I'm personally not and so it caught me off guard. Maybe she's right, maybe she's wrong. And obviously no one should feel obligated to say something, I'm just curious as to what people will say...

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
They didn't mean anything by it, I think it was just an assumption placed.

There was no derogatory sense to it.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
I had a totally different idea when I read the title of this thread. I thought it asked what you prefer to take pictures of (males or females).

In that note, I prefer taking pics of males, since I shoot bugs & birds 95% of the time, and these are usually more colorful or interesting. But when it comes to people pics, I prefer females. I have found them to be much more expressive :)

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Anything artistic is 'gay'... I hate this way of thinking as it's totally cliche.

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
Anything artistic is 'gay'... I hate this way of thinking as it's totally cliche.

From personal experience people will use that general argument for anything they are not good at or they aren't interested in. I have heard many clueless idiots call Mac users gay for example.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
She may have said it because the guy I always go shooting with is gay.

So I of course have seen a gay photographer as well.

It was just an interesting assumption.

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
All I have to say is that chicks dig the 600mm :p

If size matters!
200-500_28_s.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I like big butts and I like 'em round...

I'm a little surprised to find this thread in digital photography.:confused:

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it.
~Lumix FZ50

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
The funny thing is, every photographer I know personally is straight - and most of them are married (as am I).

I'm guessing the thread starter and his friend are high school kids? It just seems like one of those sweeping statements people with no experience in the world make on a regular basis - like some of my daughter's friends. :p

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
I'm guessing the thread starter and his friend are high school kids? It just seems like one of those sweeping statements people with no experience in the world make on a regular basis - like some of my daughter's friends. :p

It doesn't take a high school kid to be ignorant!!! :D

Personally photography make me happy ("gay")~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.