Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
Id say that is very true if that is your conclusion. There is no possible way if you rooted it and used custom ROMs and all that stuff you can say a jailbroken iPhone is way more customizable.
Hec, unrooted an Android is more customizable imo. I see many people who say the SBSettings function is the most important thing in jailbreaking.... thats standard stuff on Android.

There is so much more you can do on Android. Different keyboards, launchers and the way you want it to work, so many ways to customize your SMS....the list is endless.

I concur

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Trust me, anyone who "prefers" Android is just an Apple hater who's willing to put up with ANYTHING as long as Apple's not involved with it.

So anyone who prefers not to dump $1000+ into a new computer when they have a perfectly good computer, just because it cannot be used to develop a mobile app, are apple haters?

Wow.

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
Of course you missed it! It's the best phone out there. Like you, I got the urge to see what else was out there. Believe me, after a year of putting up with wondering whether or not I was going to get the next version of Google's bull$#!+ Android OS, all the fragmentation it caused across different platforms and the ridiculous, hiccuppy, laggy performance (it was a Verizon Motorola Droid 2, by the way) I went screaming back to iPhone and got the 4S. I'm not looking back. Trust me, anyone who "prefers" Android is just an Apple hater who's willing to put up with ANYTHING as long as Apple's not involved with it.

I'm an Apple fan to the hilt and I also love my Galaxy Note. So your statement is bunk!!!

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
I've been using an Android phone for the last 4 months (Infuse). My attitude changes toward it daily! I bought the phone because I deeply dislike Apple's walled garden approach. I agree with Winni completely. However, I wish that there was better integration between my computer and my phone. I miss being able to sync my music with iTunes without all the rigmarole Android requires (I tried WinAmp and Songbird as alternatives - they're terrible!). I settled for an app called iSyncr. It's really the best of the lot.

I like that I can add an SD card and expand my 16 GB phone to a 48 GB phone. I also appreciate the developer communities that have built up around developing ROMs and rooting methods etc (although I haven't ventured to try it myself yet).

That said, AT&T & Samsung have been terrible about updates. They released a Gingerbread update in Feb. and pulled it a few days later. I got the update (thanks Boot Camp!), but they pulled it for good reason! For the last 6 weeks I've been using a cack-handed phone and it looks like there's no fix in sight. I don't have the stomach for customer support, so I continue to make due with the phone. That sort of problem has not been typical of Apple at all in my experience. I do miss that surety... and the customer support!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.