Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
The way I'm reading the Digitimes article is that the "affordable prices" are largely referring to the MacBook "lineup." I mean it's a given that iPad comes with a "high performance" CPU, so it's likely referring to the ARM MacBooks.

I think "lineup" refers to "10.8-inch iPad devices". Plural.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
As I said earlier, it's quite unlikely that the entry level ipad gets 10.8 or that it gets any bigger for that matter. A A12 will be enough of an upgrade for that. The air instead needs more than just moving to A14 to justify its price. 10.8 (in the same body as the 11) will keep it just under the 11 pro... and the quad speakers, promotion, 128GB (vs 64 for the air) of storage and 4GB RAM (vs 6 for the 2020 ipad) will be the justification for the additional $300, even if gets USB C and pencil 2 + magic keyboard compatibility (by the way Logitech is now making a 11in keyboard with trackpad, so that would be a better fit for the new air if it has the same body as the 11, as the previous air and the 10.5 pro...)

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
(by the way Logitech is now making a 11in keyboard with trackpad, so that would be a better fit for the new air if it has the same body as the 11, as the previous air and the 10.5 pro...)
A cheaper alternative to the MKB would certainly be nice.

P.S. Just had a look at it and not a fan. I pair the Logitech 10.5” Keyboard+Trackpad with my own folio case because the one that came with it was too darned heavy. Plus, I like being able to carry/use the iPad sans physical keyboard since I rarely need the latter.

I think I’ll probably just stick to bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I think "lineup" refers to "10.8-inch iPad devices". Plural.

If you read the entire article, the lineup refers to the new family of 13” MacBook and iPad. There aren’t multiple 10.8” iPads so the “lineup” of 10.8” iPads doesn’t make sense.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
If you read the entire article, the lineup refers to the new family of 13” MacBook and iPad. There aren’t multiple 10.8” iPads so the “lineup” of 10.8” iPads doesn’t make sense.

I did read the entire Digitimes article which probably doesn’t bear a close examination. It first refers to sales expectations for the “MacBook lineup”, then comes the sentence “sales prospects for the new 10.8-inch iPad devices are also bright as the new lineup, which feature high performance CPUs, will be available at more affordable prices, the sources indicated”. I follow your thinking and you could well be right. But, on the other hand, they might be referring the the various configurations of one iPad size adding up to a lineup and, more importantly, I don’t see how sales prospects for a new iPad are related to more affordable MacBooks.

Who knows, though!

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
I did read the entire Digitimes article which probably doesn’t bear a close examination. It first refers to sales expectations for the “MacBook lineup”, then comes the sentence “sales prospects for the new 10.8-inch iPad devices are also bright as the new lineup, which feature high performance CPUs, will be available at more affordable prices, the sources indicated”. I follow your thinking and you could well be right. But, on the other hand, they might be referring the the various configurations of one iPad size adding up to a lineup and, more importantly, I don’t see how sales prospects for a new iPad are related to more affordable MacBooks.

Who knows, though!
And the fact that granularly trying to derive nuanced meaning out of non-native English sources where conjugation and plural form grammatical errors are commonplace is an especially effective exercise in futility. ?

Reactions: sananda

EssModelsRule

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2017

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2015
I know, I still use one :)
I'm really worried they'll axe it.

I would buy a pro tomorrow if Apple would just put a jack in it.

Obviously eventually I suppose literally everything will be wireless. But until earbuds can last 48 hours of continuous playback with no charging im sticking with wired

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.