Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

krohan

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
If i didn't know the date, I'd think we were back in week 2. A week ago even PM showed every time i searched, and sometimes the exact one, but now I don't even see regular Pros
An hour back, I saw inventory in an Apple Store consisting of 3 colors of 128gb Pros, all colors of 256gb and 1 color of 512gb. Now, there are none left.

ECUSnare

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2011
Iā€™ll start this off by saying I completely understand the supply chains are still FUBAR, and the lockdowns in China arenā€™t helping one single bit.

That being said, Iā€™ve now had to cancel two orders myself this week - one for me and one for my wife - because Verizon cannot appropriately show inventory.

Both cases were for in-store pickup. One 14 pro gold 512, and one 14 pro max space black 256. Both cases involved the Verizon app showing them being in stock. Both cases involved calling the store beforehand to confirm stock before ordering. Both cases resulted in those phones not technically being available because they were pre-sold phones from prior in-store orders, after the system allowed us to place orders for in-store pickup. Both cases resulted in Verizon keeping my order open until I had to go in and cancel. Both cases resulted in ZERO updates from Verizon and itā€™s only through our reaching out that we knew the orders couldnā€™t be fulfilled.

So not only am I still wanting a new phone, but Iā€™d really like a new carrier. Iā€™ve seen mom and pop Etsy shops manage inventory notifications WAY BETTER than Verizon.

Am I the only one dealing with that specialized *********?

Reactions: compwiz1202

adinle

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2020
First real post to the site, I usually stock the page once they are about to announce a new iPhone.
I have had this topic open in its own tab since it started, and have read almost all the posts.
Finally bit the bullet and ordered my new 14 pm from apple on 11/4 for 11/29-12/6 delivery.
Got shipment confirmation 12/2 for a 12/5 delivery. It is coming from Lebanon, TN to North East Colorado
via Fedex. Good thing I have had my case and screen protector ready to go for a month!!

maj71303

macrumors regular
May 13, 2014
Maryland
Ordered my iPhone 14 pro 256 purple through BestBuy on 11/26/2022 and picked it up on 12/01/2022. People should see if they have what they want in stock. The even still had the Att plan that is no longer available activated on the phone.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
We ordered a 14P 128gb on 11/16. At that time the expected delivery was 12/27. Still is. There has been no movement whatsoever. What's really weird though, we could place the order today and it would only delay it to 12/28. So I have a slight glimmer of hope that it will be delivered before Christmas.

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
We ordered a 14P 128gb on 11/16. At that time the expected delivery was 12/27. Still is. There has been no movement whatsoever. What's really weird though, we could place the order today and it would only delay it to 12/28. So I have a slight glimmer of hope that it will be delivered before Christmas.
Same, a few days ago it showed 12/22 delivery but then the next day went to 12/27. I didnā€™t bother cancelling and reordering as I may lose my place in line but it did show a quicker delivery range for some reason just for that one day last week.

I should of just ordered for store pickup when I did as one of the nearby stores had stock..

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
Here are the snippet of my order, this is for those who are tracking the estimated delivery dates for 14 pro/pro max for orders placed on apple.com

Placed order at apple.com on November 4th for 14 pro max Space black 128GB (unlocked version)

Estimated delivery window at the time of placing the order is : Nov 29-Dec 6th

Absolutely no change in status till December 2nd. ( I see option to cancel the order till this time)

I started feeling nervous from Dec 1st (as I am traveling out of country on Dec 7th and there wonā€™t be anyone at home picking up the order).

Trusted the apple's estimated delivery window and didnt cancel it , thought I will wait till Dec 3rd to cancel the order had there been no change in status.

12/02: 12 AM Card charged ( From here on cancel item is not present)

12/02 ā€“ 12:19 AM Shipper created label (UPS has not yet received the package yet)

12/02 ā€“ 10:33 AM Origin Scan

12/05 ā€“ Departed from facility

12/06 ā€“ 3 30 AM Arrived at Nearest Facility

12/06 ā€“ 10 AM Delivered

I guess since 12/03 and 12/04 are Saturday/Sunday there was no movement, otherwise it would have delivered on 4th or 5th .

Reactions: Brad7

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Same, a few days ago it showed 12/22 delivery but then the next day went to 12/27. I didnā€™t bother cancelling and reordering as I may lose my place in line but it did show a quicker delivery range for some reason just for that one day last week.

I should of just ordered for store pickup when I did as one of the nearby stores had stock..
Checking Apple Store inventory today, they notified me that there was 256gb version of the same phone available at my local store. Bought that one for pickup tomorrow. Canceled my other order that was still "Processing". Costs a little more, but should have in hand before Christmas.

racostaf

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2015
Colombia
Same here... let's wait.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Went to the Apple Store on Friday to get a case. While there asked the girl if they had any 14 PM's in stock....just for my own curiosity really. She said no without checking. While we were ringing up my case, I asked her to check again and she got really snippy and said she looked at that all day so she'd know. But she looked it up and 3-4 were now available.I bought a 256 Silver even though I already have a Space Black 128. I may sell that one and keep the silver.

Same thing happened when I bought my original PM in late October. I checked and saw online that the Apple Store had some stock available so I got dressed and flew over there and first guy I came in contact with said they were out. Another employee told him they did. He was just going on what had been the case all day. I guess they tell people no all day but sometimes people may not show up for pickups and those are now put back into inventory.

Bottom line is I know have 2 prefect iPhone's and have to decide what to do with them. I listed the Space Black 128 on Craigslist late last night and was immediately bombarded by scammers. They're so easy to figure out if you've done this for awhile. My guess is I'll sell the phone within a day or two.

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
Local store had my exact configuration that I ordered available for pickup but there was some weird issue with the Apple Store this morning not showing my existing orders and so I was not able to cancel my existing order which is arriving 12/27 and I didnā€™t want to buy the phone on another line or buy it outright. Decided just to wait the 2 weeks, no real rush anywaysā€¦

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Local store had my exact configuration that I ordered available for pickup but there was some weird issue with the Apple Store this morning not showing my existing orders and so I was not able to cancel my existing order which is arriving 12/17 and I didnā€™t want to buy the phone on another line or buy it outright. Decided just to wait the 2 weeks, no real rush anywaysā€¦
I think the apple.com store front is having some issues in the bag section. It's not loading up. So I take it that it's hard to view order status. I hope apple resolves this. This has been happening since last night for me.

Reactions: 628

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I was here with everyone back in September and I had to cancel my order for what I hope is a reason unlike anyone else. I was run over by a car. That situation has changed everything. But now as I have been recovering, I am very ready for the new iPhone. Of course Apple doesnā€™t have any. But, my friends at Verizon have a very good deal for me and they look like they actually have some. iPhone 14 Pro Max in the beautiful purple color with 256gb of storage for 5.55 dollars a month. Thatā€™s a total price of under 200 dollars Plus 100 dollars up front and taxes. Delivery before Christmas. I think I will have to take up this deal,itā€™s just too good to ignore. I will miss buying from apple ,but they donā€™t have any for a month or so anyway. Hopefully it will work out! Hope everyone is enjoying their new iPhone!

UPDATE: I just checked the Apple Store and low and behold they have my iPhone in stock. Maybe this is why the store was down this morning. But they didnā€™t have the amazing prices! Now decisions decisions!

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I was here with everyone back in September and I had to cancel my order for what I hope is a reason unlike anyone else. I was run over by a car. That situation has changed everything. But now as I have been recovering, I am very ready for the new iPhone. Of course Apple doesnā€™t have any. But, my friends at Verizon have a very good deal for me and they look like they actually have some. iPhone 14 Pro Max in the beautiful purple color with 256gb of storage for 5.55 dollars a month. Thatā€™s a total price of under 200 dollars Plus 100 dollars up front and taxes. Delivery before Christmas. I think I will have to take up this deal,itā€™s just too good to ignore. I will miss buying from apple ,but they donā€™t have any for a month or so anyway. Hopefully it will work out! Hope everyone is enjoying their new iPhone!

UPDATE: I just checked the Apple Store and low and behold they have my iPhone in stock. Maybe this is why the store was down this morning. But they didnā€™t have the amazing prices! Now decisions decisions!
Well apple stores in my area have been stocking up as of Monday and some are still available for pick up today. I dint think the store being down this morning had anything to do with inventory update as they update when the store receives them.

@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— thank you dear friend. Itā€™s been a very hard five months. But I am doing well and getting better every day. I really missed not being able to be here with you back in the iPhone days. I did try but just couldnā€™t get up to it yet. Doing much better now and just about on the other side of this mess.
@tdar Glad to hear you are doing good and recovering rapidly. Congratulations on deciding to get a new iPhone 14 Pro Max. Don't miss out on it. It's such an incredible iPhone. I'm loving it every single day. It continues to amaze me. The AOD, Battery life, and 48 MP camera are way too good.

iOS 16.2 was just released yesterday and everything is so fast and smooth. It works like magic. Also, it seems like Apple stores are getting the inventory for the new iPhones now. You will have a better chance of checking the Apple Store and getting the iPhone from Apple. Don't forget about the extended holiday policy just in case if you want to switch out the colors.

Hopefully, you will be back in September 2023 to order the new iPhone 15 Pro Max or Ultra with us šŸ˜ˆ. 8 more months to go šŸ˜„šŸ€.

Best wishes,
@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—

• Love
Reactions: SFjohn

Daino92

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
Ordered my iPhone 14 PM in Deep Purple 128 GB on the 5th with an expected delivery of the 28th of Dec. This morning my status updated to preparing to ship and just now got a notification that it shipped. Itā€™s in China waiting for final customs clearance now. ETA is now Monday. Not bad. Ordered from Apple online retail store

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
@tdar Glad to hear you are doing good and recovering rapidly. Congratulations on deciding to get a new iPhone 14 Pro Max. Don't miss out on it. It's such an incredible iPhone. I'm loving it every single day. It continues to amaze me. The AOD, Battery life, and 48 MP camera are way too good.

iOS 16.2 was just released yesterday and everything is so fast and smooth. It works like magic. Also, it seems like Apple stores are getting the inventory for the new iPhones now. You will have a better chance of checking the Apple Store and getting the iPhone from Apple. Don't forget about the extended holiday policy just in case if you want to switch out the colors.

Hopefully, you will be back in September 2023 to order the new iPhone 15 Pro Max or Ultra with us šŸ˜ˆ. 8 more months to go šŸ˜„šŸ€.

Best wishes,
@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—
Thanks again my friend. Yes I will definitely be with you in September!! Have an amazing holiday season!!

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
Ordered my iPhone 14 PM in Deep Purple 128 GB on the 5th with an expected delivery of the 28th of Dec. This morning my status updated to preparing to ship and just now got a notification that it shipped. Itā€™s in China waiting for final customs clearance now. ETA is now Monday. Not bad. Ordered from Apple online retail store
5th of December? Dang, I ordered my same back in November and no movement yet, guess it is due to the gift message I accidentally put.

Daino92

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
5th of December? Dang, I ordered my same back in November and no movement yet, guess it is due to the gift message I accidentally put.
Yeah, not sure. I definitely wasnā€™t expecting it to ship almost 2 weeks early. I did notice a lot of Apple Stores in my general area getting some stock. maybe they are starting to catch up?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yeah, not sure. I definitely wasnā€™t expecting it to ship almost 2 weeks early. I did notice a lot of Apple Stores in my general area getting some stock. maybe they are starting to catch up?
Very likely, since I heard China has eased down on lockdowns hence why some stores got plenty of iphones in stock. Chicagoland has plenty now too so definitely those looking to get a gift or whatever can still get them now :)

• Love
Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.