Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

onethinline

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
Chicago
Aaagh I also ran into my card being declined since my account had an old expiration date for my Apple Card. And the site of course is now reporting a problem when I try to update the payment method. I otherwise had a launch day delivery date; I really hope this can be fixed without delaying delivery. 😥

Reactions: mousekiks

Youngsmoooveee

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
got the iphone delivery for the 16th. Ordered a case and AirPods 2 on Apple Card installments but they still have yet to pop up on my card. Not sure what’s going on.

Reactions: jagolden

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Anyone have trouble with in-store pickup and error with updating contact info? I had to change it to delivery for my order to go through
I got in at Exactly 8am and I kept picking different times for pick up and it kept switching to delivery as soon as I pressed place order.

Ended up with launch delivery date 9-16 for a purple 14pro max 512gb

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Well I am screwed then. If 24 hours somehow on one aspect of apple online store (web site) my old card info was there. I updated it in the app on iphone/ipad. And my pre pre order went through quick so assumed it grabbed the updated card info. But no some how it went to the old data on the web site for the online store. I have changed the info there now via my account login but when I try to change for the order (update payement info) I get errors and of course cannot get through in chat or phones right now but if they cannot change for me and I cannot change I guess my order is fubar for 24 hours and by that time either order is dead or delayed past opening day. I almost did not do this IUP this year and maybe for my sanit’s and stress level that would have been better. You would think after all these years apple would have enough ways to contact and update such errors but no they still bog down in those preorder days. It is not worth it to me as a customer so maybe its time to just give up
umm... no offense intended, but you have had bad luck before right? You must have won a lottery.. in another life!

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I’m only scared because the apple phone rep told me that Carrier should honor the military 10% discount but so far i have not seen that applied anywhere and now I’m panicking, I mean, i’m not worried to much because I’m also paying off a lot of devices in the next couple of months but still, 10 dollars off monthly would had been nice! View attachment 2055110
Unfortunately, Veteran EPP pricing is only available if you purchase the device in full. It doesn't work on IUP nor Apple Installment Plans. The Apple Installment plan is written front/center on their Veteran EPP page. If you get it, good for you, but I'm a retired USN person and haven't cracked the code. I mainly get it when pre-ordering the AW and paying in full. I'm on IUP and there's no way to get to the Veteran store via the IUP Apple Store.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Air Quality has got worse. Not sure what the 500 means but it looks bad.

View attachment 2055067
I saw that! And I have NEVER seen 500 before, that is literally the highest it can go (on the phone at least), it's off the charts. Crazy!

The sky has a gold color now.. looks like Dubai, it's pretty....but don't breathe. 😳
Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 10.47.39 AM.png

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Ordered 14 Pro Max, 1Tb, black. Late September.
Case ordered (Zizo Bolt, blue/black) arrives 16th.

Reactions: Brad7

Trozetar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Reading, Pa
My experience was weird this year. Had model saved and ready but when I went to do the carrier deal to swap my 13 Pro ATT wanted me to upgrade my entire plan for my whole family. So I just said screw it and put it as a model swap and do it through my Apple Card. Wasn’t sure it was going to work until it showed the installments in my card.

Last edited:

PixelDestructor

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2016
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here. I ordered almost immediately (14 Pro, 1TB, Purple) and yet I got the 23rd. That model is still showing delivery on the 16th even now, 3 hours later.
Initially it said "via postal service" but now it just says "Arrives Sep 23" so maybe it'll get pushed forward once they assign it to a carrier?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I had IUP via AT&T and had no issues. Store came up, two clicks, email, processing. Pretty smoothe. But it was last year too, when I used Apple Card.

Reactions: Brad7 and Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Wow. Amazing photo!
Thanks, and thank you iPhone 13Pro camera. It was crazy windy. The clouds were gorgeous-until the dust covered it all.
I may have missed it and I apoligize. What's the story behind the Postal Service? Is that an error. Someone fill me in, please.
I don't think anyone knows yet. Mine just says "Standard Delivery"
It didn’t ask for me to enter that. I had updated my payment info last night.
Even with my CC/Apple Card/Apple Pay info all updated it still made me enter the security code and change my name. Funny thing is the phone is being sent to Mr Wolfs (who hasn't done his preorder yet) but charged to me (when Mr Wolfs is primary card holder

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here. I ordered almost immediately (14 Pro, 1TB, Purple) and yet I got the 23rd. That model is still showing delivery on the 16th even now, 3 hours later.
Initially it said "via postal service" but now it just says "Arrives Sep 23" so maybe it'll get pushed forward once they assign it to a carrier?

Lots of non-launch day dates get moved up to launch day. Happens every year.

Dgoins1

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
You’ll most likely get it next week happens every year “under promise,over deliver”

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Thanks! Did you place an order for iPhone 14 with us?
Nooo 🥺 I just got an 11pro green used a month ago and in love with it.

The camera on the 13 series is noticeably better, but I can’t justify spending more money right now 🤣 maybe after seeing the 14 pro in store and playing with it and seeing how the camera/picture quality is I might consider selling the 13mini and the 11pro to get a 14 pro.

Gotta feel it in hand though first! Annnnnd whatever refinements they did to the casing on the 14 pro, it seems better looking than the 13 pro 🤷‍♂️ No idea why.

The camera protrusions don’t bug me anymore, either. Especially knowing they take better photos.

That purple color is amazing though. Wow I would go for the 256GB if I had some money to burn, haha.

I guess you’re just going to shoot only in ProRaw with a TB of storage! I know I would.

mousekiks

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Aaagh I also ran into my card being declined since my account had an old expiration date for my Apple Card. And the site of course is now reporting a problem when I try to update the payment method. I otherwise had a launch day delivery date; I really hope this can be fixed without delaying delivery. 😥
Keep us posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.