Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

mousekiks

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Same with me also and I cannot get into the app to correct through order pause. But I went in and found that the apple webstore server you get in browser had the old card info which I had changed on my apple store ap on iphone but somehow iCloud or whatever did not do its job and populate it to the webstore server site which the actual preorder today apparently grabbed. I have updated the card info via my account preferences on the web store so maybe it will eventually be seen by the order processing server? So if you want to look check the web store site in your browser the old card info is likely there And not transfered over from whatever iOS apple store app you used.
I did and the correct card shows on the website. Only difference is I used the iUP, and I didn't think to update that when checking out. Just thought it would pull the correct card in. Hopefully it doesn't delay anything.

Finally T-Mobile is back up!!! Unfortunately mine got slipped up to Oct 10th and shipped by Postal Service?

View attachment 2055096
Mine just says standard delivery. Nothing else.

What's up with the postal service man. Someone needs to call Apple and find out what that's about. Is Apple not using UPS anymore?

Reactions: Wolfs and max2

Qoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
MI
Since my ordered 14 Plus won't deliver till next month (10/7), I thought on launch day next week, I can stop into an Apple Store and see if they have a different trim I might change to.

Would the Apple store have extras on hand for walk in customers ?

View attachment 2055087
they should have extras as long as the demand is not high

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Keep us posted. Hopefully, this does not delay your order. Did you had like a second credit card entered or what?
Well I still use same card every year but the new card had different account number, expiration dat
eetc. I found this out when setting up the pre-preorder while checking such info. So I corrected info in apple store app. And when the pre-preorder was done the loan part breezed so I think/assume that the app used the updated card.

However I got that error and found that on the web site store looking at my account info the app never populated the change to it so when the real order went today it grabbed the old card.

I have of course now corrected the card info on the web site store server and maybe the order will find it after they calm down but that could be 24 hours as we are hearing. Even service representative’s cannot accesss orders right now if you can even get through to a person (I tried chat and phone multiple times only to be told too busy try later)

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Thanks for the reassurance. The little “How does trade-in work” blurb on the product page doesn’t really illuminate this nuance, so I was hesitant. All set for launch day trade-in! Though somehow I’m not holding my breath the max value. Last year I didn’t get max value on my 12 Pro Max and they couldn’t tell me why. It was flawless as far as I could tell. 🤷🏻‍♂️

thanks again!

yw! i always get the max trade in value because i screenshot my order and the store manager honored it. i refuse to accept anything less.

• Love
Reactions: julit0 and rumz

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
For store pickup, are you required to go during your pickup window? What would happen if I chose a Saturday time slot, but showed up on Friday? (All the Friday time slots are taken)

IllusiveMan

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2018
Anyone else on iUP and T-Mobile? When you do IUP you normally need to confirm your phone number but it didn't ask me anything which was super weird

Well I still use same card every year but the new card had different account number, expiration dat
eetc. I found this out when setting up the pre-preorder while checking such info. So I corrected info in apple store app. And when the pre-preorder was done the loan part breezed so I think/assume that the app used the updated card.

However I got that error and found that on the web site store looking at my account info the app never populated the change to it so when the real order went today it grabbed the old card.

I have of course now corrected the card info on the web site store server and maybe the order will find it after they calm down but that could be 24 hours as we are hearing. Even service representative’s cannot accesss orders right now if you can even get through to a person (I tried chat and phone multiple times only to be told too busy try later)
I told ya'll to check for all that information yesterday. Make sure it is all updated. Ugh, hopefully, it all gets sorted out for you. Stay strong.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Just got a pending charge from Apple for $115.20. 🙌
Never been so happy to owe money!
We have a desert dust storm in Las Vegas. Airport should be closed today. Wtf it’s not safe man.

View attachment 2054928
We had a haboob here over the summer. Climate craziness!
Yes I get to change my font and the shape of my apps on the homescreen. I also have 5 apps on the dock vs the 4 Apple only give us.

32dad52f905d84a0fe7918e5a0352a72.png
Gorgeous babies!
Hi everyone i wanted to ask you two questions. I payed using apple pay and if god forbids it doesn't go thru because it just shows 0.00 pending at the wallet app as of right now (during me paying it showed the red ! then it put up the order confirmation) will the order be cancelled or can i use a different payment method in that unlikely circumstance? my second question is if i chose store pick up am i still able to track it or is that online for regular shipping? Thank you and GL to everyone
I would guess they will just have you update your payment info once the system catches up.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
So does anybody think porch pirates comb these forums to see when to keep an eye out for new booty to steal? Luckily I wfh, and by a window where I see any kind of delivery being made - but those stuck in a regular office / workplace must be sweating bullets over their upcoming delivery dates.
They know when it’s a big release of something like apple products, game consoles, shoes etc.

Thankfully I live in a place that has locked parcel boxes and everything gets delivered to those! You can only open it with your PIN

Reactions: Wolfs

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
I’m only scared because the apple phone rep told me that Carrier should honor the military 10% discount but so far i have not seen that applied anywhere and now I’m panicking, I mean, i’m not worried to much because I’m also paying off a lot of devices in the next couple of months but still, 10 dollars off monthly would had been nice!
955C2B45-2DCE-4AE6-8726-0FEA5C2CF33A.png

Reactions: Wolfs and chasers

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I did and the correct card shows on the website. Only difference is I used the iUP, and I didn't think to update that when checking out. Just thought it would pull the correct card in. Hopefully it doesn't delay anything.
Well I always use iUP and was doing on my iphone on Wednesday when the pre-preorder opened. I found via app the old card was there. I corrected with new card and its number, expiration date, and security code. When I did the pre-pre order the loan part was pretty fast (wonder if it really checked with new card, old card or any card?). Anyway I did not even look at the web site store for me just correcting the card on my apple account via phone but somehow missed it on my store page. It seems that the populating and standardizing between apps and web store is not working right even before today.

• Sad

Texh49

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
Feel fortunate, this year was the easiest preorder ever for me. App opened right on time and my preorder was processed within a minute. 14 Pro Max, silver, 256gb set for 9/16/2022 delivery!

I keep looking at the Apple Watch Ultra...but I don't need that 😇
(Evil Kermit) Yes, Yes you do.

• Haha

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
My date slipped due to Apple Store not opening for nearly 10 minutes despite refreshing multiple devices.
It was the refreshing that messed you up. I had my iPad open to the Apple Store app and just let it sit there while I was refreshing the iPhone app. iPad app opened up at 7:02, iPhone still remained closed with all the refreshing. I think every time you refresh it puts you at the back of the line? Only speculating with my experience this morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.