Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Its a hold, card will be charged when phone ships
Apple Card:
I already got charged yesterday before I completed the purchase today.
IMG_2802.jpg

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
Canā€™t get ahold of Apple via chat or phone to figure out why my Apple Card isnā€™t charging. Wondering how long I have to get this sorted before I miss release day delivery?

Turtle353

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Do you plan to shoot in ProRaw all the time? Normal photos are 48MP downsampled to 12MP.

I got the 512GB too, just in case.
No, I doubt it. I was curious if it downsampled so that is probably good for my storage. I havenā€™t done much research I normally just upgrade every year because I like to have the latest and greatest.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I would call Apple for this and have them fix it online or try contacting them via app.
You cannot right now in same boat. Calls are busy and unable to answer accordingly to computer you get, chats tell me they are too busy, but folks who have gotten through to make changes were told it might take 24 hours before you can get in and change the incorrect info like old cards. I logged in to the web server store site and found sure enough the old card was still there it never got updated/populated from update I did 2 days ago in apple store app on my iphone. So I corrected it there but obviously with slammed order servers that info is not getting back . I am hoping in end it will see I changed it via that method rather than trying to correct through order as my email suggests below. We shall see

250E2EB4-3F0D-406C-86EC-4B379905C1E5.jpeg

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
I'm debating...do I need new Airpods? I have the current Airpods Pro. I like them but I don't use them as much as I should for the money. I really want the new charging case though. Mine doesn't charge with the Watch charger and I would like that.
I would have been in the market for these! But I had that issue with the popping sound while walking when anc or transparency mode was on and ended up getting both right and left pods replaced free about 6 weeks ago. Hmmm do I need a second set? šŸ˜

Sleix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Sacramento, CA
And BOOM, looks like my purchase is quite...successful, to the point of seeing my bank account feeling a twinge bit lighter than usual...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 7.15.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 7.15.31 AM.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 50

shenfrey

macrumors 68030
May 23, 2010
Those who ordered the 128 versions would have struggled to get 16/09 due to it being the most popular. The 256/512 will have quite easily got 16/09 unless they were being just a too slow.

I know this as out of 4 phones, and only the 128 slipped to 29/09, the rest will arrive 16/09.

mousekiks

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
You cannot right now in same boat. Calls are busy and unable to answer accordingly to computer you get, chats tell me they are too busy, but folks who have gotten through to make changes were told it might take 24 hours before you can get in and change the incorrect info like old cards.
Thanks for the info!

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Did anyone else did not get the September 16 launch day delivery??

I launched the Apple Store app on my iPhone about 5:55 to the ā€œWe canā€™t wait eitherā€ message. As I waited, I began to think ā€œ**** did I made a mistake with my pre-approved 14 Pro 256? That 48MP lens is gonna yield massive files. I wonder how hard it will be to switch to a 512? Can I switch my pre-approved configuration? Will that time spent switching see me miss the 9/16 window? Does it matter?ā€

At 6, the message changed to ā€œAlmost thereā€ and it hung there for ~30 seconds - felt like 3 minutes. Antsy, I closed the app, relaunched, and I donā€™t know if that reload did the trick, or if it was just lucky timing, but the device I had pre-approved the day before, popped up, ready to order. I quickly scanned the page to confirm all was as expected - hopping there was a big ā€œupdate your orderā€ button. And while not a big button, there was a fairly hard to read, blue text on black background (seriously, Night Shift yields some usability clusters - one of which is illegible little blue text on black), that read something to the effect of ā€œwant to change your order?ā€ I hovered there a few seconds, not wanting to jack up my order and miss the 9/16 date. But I also didnā€™t want a 256. So I touched the link and it opened my pre-approved 256, and there were big buttons to upgrade storage. I touched ā€œ512,ā€ then ā€œOK,ā€ then maybe two more taps and my updated pre-order was sent. Delivery date: 9/16.

Minus some of the last second scramble to update storage, my pre-order experience was the smoothest to date. Theyā€™re getting even better at taking my money.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
Went super smooth!! Got my order in at 8:01. Letā€™s start the journey
ordered the same phone šŸ˜Š last year I agonized for weeks over whether to get the Max or not (Had been buying the biggest size available for years). Nice to not have that problem this year šŸ˜‚

agreed, thoughā€” ordered wit the app 15 minutes ago and it was as smooth as can be.

Reactions: heyyitssusan
I launched the Apple Store app on my iPhone about 5:55 to the ā€œWe canā€™t wait eitherā€ message. As I waited, I began to think ā€œ**** did I made a mistake with my pre-approved 14 Pro 256? That 48MP lens is gonna yield massive files. I wonder how hard it will be to switch to a 512? Can I switch my pre-approved configuration? Will that time spent switching see me miss the 9/16 window? Does it matter?ā€

At 6, the message changed to ā€œAlmost thereā€ and it hung there for ~30 seconds - felt like 3 minutes. Antsy, I closed the app, relaunched, and I donā€™t know if that reload did the trick, or if it was just lucky timing, but the device I had pre-approved the day before, popped up, ready to order. I quickly scanned the page to confirm all was as expected - hopping there was a big ā€œupdate your orderā€ button. And while not a big button, there was a fairly hard to read, blue text on black background (seriously, Night Shift yields some usability clusters - one of which is illegible little blue text on black), that read something to the effect of ā€œwant to change your order?ā€ I hovered there a few seconds, not wanting to jack up my order and miss the 9/16 date. But I also didnā€™t want a 256. So I touched the link and it opened my pre-approved 256, and there were big buttons to upgrade storage. I touched ā€œ512,ā€ then ā€œOK,ā€ then maybe two more taps and my updated pre-order was sent. Delivery date: 9/16.

Minus some of the last second scramble to update storage, my pre-order experience was the smoothest to date. Theyā€™re getting even better at taking my money.
Congratulations on the launch delivery date. So excited and happy for you.

Reactions: lazyrighteye

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm debating...do I need new Airpods? I have the current Airpods Pro. I like them but I don't use them as much as I should for the money. I really want the new charging case though. Mine doesn't charge with the Watch charger and I would like that.
Iā€™m a terrible influence but Iā€™m going to say yes you do šŸ˜ˆ

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014

No one needs AirPods lol. I have the original Pros and there's enough improvements for me to get the new ones.

Reactions: Wolfs and Chele

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
That's a hard question to answer here. Might want to start a new thread later with a poll. But i'm on iUP and my Apple card is on file. Store didn't open for me until 8:06 ET but was the easiest checkout I've ever had and confirmed delivery for 9/16 for the 256gb Deep Purple iPhone Pro.
I too am iUP and also found this yearā€™s experience the smoothest to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.