Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

cptcaveman

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
Dang it.

I was trying to make peace with no white cases. Telling myself neutral black could work too. Maybe. But if it's like the Midnight aluminum cases, that thing is not going on my phone. (Could be lovely for other people, and that's good.) Okay, now I think I really do have to try a clear case. Dang I want my Apple silicone.

BTW, what is Apple's recent obsession with blue?!
Maybe have a look at it in-store. The blue is very subtle. But it's definitely there. Perhaps a bluish-black is a better description than a blackish-blue.

I, like you, will never understand the neurosis that is Apple and black/grey/graphite/midnight. šŸ˜€

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
No, I doubt it. I was curious if it downsampled so that is probably good for my storage. I havenā€™t done much research I normally just upgrade every year because I like to have the latest and greatest.
Normal shots are downsampled to 12MP. ProRaw shots are full resolution.

Reactions: Turtle353
I too am iUP and also found this yearā€™s experience the smoothest to date.
Really? The app did not go live for me until 05:03 AM. I was freaking out and scared! This was my total mood. Also, saw this stupid message on iPhone 12 Pro Max. Thank god, that was on my 4th backup choice. So, I didn't care much. My main focus was on the iPad and my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Attachments

• 1662733404094.png
    1662733404094.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 43

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Same here...
Same with me also and I cannot get into the app to correct through order pause. But I went in and found that the apple webstore server you get in browser had the old card info which I had changed on my apple store ap on iphone but somehow iCloud or whatever did not do its job and populate it to the webstore server site which the actual preorder today apparently grabbed. I have updated the card info via my account preferences on the web store so maybe it will eventually be seen by the order processing server? So if you want to look check the web store site in your browser the old card info is likely there And not transfered over from whatever iOS apple store app you used.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
yes it is. they will charge your card for the full price but when you trade it in youā€™ll get the difference back.
Thanks for the reassurance. The little ā€œHow does trade-in workā€ blurb on the product page doesnā€™t really illuminate this nuance, so I was hesitant. All set for launch day trade-in! Though somehow Iā€™m not holding my breath the max value. Last year I didnā€™t get max value on my 12 Pro Max and they couldnā€™t tell me why. It was flawless as far as I could tell. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

thanks again!

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Once again, anyone using the iPhone Upgrade Program gets screwed on pre-orders by being forced off to a strange screen where you have to manually type in a bunch of information on payment details they already have which could have been done at pre-order, or let us use auto-fill, or allow us to use damn ApplePay!

all this added delay and complexity just to pay tax? And they donā€™t hold your place in line while doiing it?

It didnā€™t ask for me to enter that. I had updated my payment info last night.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Any idea how to fix this? I didnā€™t even realize this morning when checking out that it put my OLD Apple Card number! Now Iā€™m trying to change it and it wonā€™t let me

Anyone have any ideas?!?
Same with me also and I cannot get into the app to correct through order pause. But I went in and found that the apple webstore server you get in browser had the old card info which I had changed on my apple store ap on iphone but somehow iCloud or whatever did not do its job and populate it to the webstore server site which the actual preorder today apparently grabbed. I have updated the card info via my account preferences on the web store so maybe it will eventually be seen by the order processing server? So if you want to look check the web store site in your browser the old card info is likely there And not transfered over from whatever iOS apple store app you used.

somarf

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2022
Dallas, TX
So does anybody think porch pirates comb these forums to see when to keep an eye out for new booty to steal? Luckily I wfh, and by a window where I see any kind of delivery being made - but those stuck in a regular office / workplace must be sweating bullets over their upcoming delivery dates.

• Wow
Reactions: happy orchard
You cannot right now in same boat. Calls are busy and unable to answer accordingly to computer you get, chats tell me they are too busy, but folks who have gotten through to make changes were told it might take 24 hours before you can get in and change the incorrect info like old cards. I logged in to the web server store site and found sure enough the old card was still there it never got updated/populated from update I did 2 days ago in apple store app on my iphone. So I corrected it there but obviously with slammed order servers that info is not getting back . I am hoping in end it will see I changed it via that method rather than trying to correct through order as my email suggests below. We shall see

View attachment 2055076
Keep us posted. Hopefully, this does not delay your order. Did you had like a second credit card entered or what?

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
So does anybody think porch pirates comb these forums to see when to keep an eye out for new booty to steal? Luckily I wfh, and by a window where I see any kind of delivery being made - but those stuck in a regular office / workplace must be sweating bullets over their upcoming delivery dates.
I'm tired of worrying about home deliveries getting stolen too.

I am having mine delivered to my work site and the office is behind a locked fence so the driver has to buzz in.

CJF93

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2022
Hold at fedex location maybe? Not sure if that is still a thing. Some companies allow it, some don't.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Not worried. I have turret-mounted lasers above my porch.

Qoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
MI
Really? The app did not go live for me until 05:03 AM. I was freaking out and scared! This was my total mood. Also, saw this stupid message on iPhone 12 Pro Max. Thank god, that was on my 4th backup choice. So, I didn't care much. My main focus was on the iPad and my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

it was 2 mintues after 8:00AM EST for me and the continue button just not working properly, luckily everything went well at the end and picking it up next Friday from the Apple store.

rxtiger

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Feel fortunate, this year was the easiest preorder ever for me. App opened right on time and my preorder was processed within a minute. 14 Pro Max, silver, 256gb set for 9/16/2022 delivery!

I keep looking at the Apple Watch Ultra...but I don't need that šŸ˜‡

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.